Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Extended Warranty - Ireland

S

StevoC

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi All,

So we have our new ocean nearly 4 months, we have had a few issues which need to be fixed.
Our van bought in Ireland came with 3 years warranty and we have the choice to extend it to 5 years for €1500. We have to decide before the end of this year.
€1500 seems expensive to me but i do like the idea of having another 2 years warranty seeing as we are having some issues so early on.
Would you recommend paying €1500 for the extra 2 years?

Hello @StevoC,

In July we bought our Grand California 600. As far as I can remember we paid EUR 1.200 for the extended 2 years warranty.

As many other Grand California owners, we experienced a lot of issues with the camper (in comparison to the T6 Ocean we had for four years before, which had almost no problems).

I was glad that we got the extended warranty, which like an insurance, gives us peace of mind.

Following Carzone.ie it seems to me that the prices for T6.1 Californias is going up. It looks like that a Grand California is almost EUR 2.000 cheaper, hence the warranty for the T6.1 is a wee bit more expensive.

Would I buy the extended warranty again? A big Yes!

Covered by another 4x years VW warranty Grand California
Eberhard

Hello Eber123,
Thank you for your reply. I gather that €1500 is not a bad price then.
As you say peace of mind for a further 2 years.
Ill arrange to pay it with VW.
Thanks again.
Stephen.

That seems quite a high price. I've had my new Ocean a few weeks and was offered a two year extension for £399 + VAT before I collected. That was based on it having the standard 3 year warranty, as there was an offer last June when I purchased where it came with 4 years instead, the dealer let me pay £50 to extend for a 5th year.

That seems quite a high price. I've had my new Ocean a few weeks and was offered a two year extension for £399 + VAT before I collected. That was based on it having the standard 3 year warranty, as there was an offer last June when I purchased where it came with 4 years instead, the dealer let me pay £50 to extend for a 5th year.
You have to realise the OP is in Ireland. The Warranty extension you are referring to is, I believe, a VWUK option and had to be taken out within 90 days of Registration.

If you can get it {as @WelshGas says 90day cut off here in the UK} Paid for itself for us. New Tent, New Sat Nav plus a few other bits. takes worry out of running van although only about £800 in 2016

Hi All,

Our van bought in Ireland came with 3 years warranty and we have the choice to extend it to 5 years for €1500. We have to decide before the end of this year.
€1500 seems expensive to me but i do like the idea of having another 2 years warranty seeing as we are having some issues so early on.

Do they do the All In scheme in Ireland?

In the Uk its about £21/ per month but covers extended warranty, breakdown cover, & servicing.