Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Extended Warranty within 90 days cost

A

AndyP12345

Vehicle
Just browsing
Just wondered if anyone can advise what cost of the warranty extension to five years is for a T6.1. Understand it comes with 4 years can anyone tell me the cost of the fifth year extension and is it still 150k miles.

My quote was £394 for the 5 year warranty ( I assumed this was a 2 year upgrade)? I don't know on the milage I am afraid.

Factory Extended T6 24 Month Extension (80K Miles). £394.80.

Having had a new coil spring and a major repair to replace the inlet manifold, both covered by the Factory Extended Warranty, without a quibble, it is money well spent.
Note that Roadside Assist does not carry on after the original warranty, despite what the dealer may tell you.

Having had a new coil spring and a major repair to replace the inlet manifold, both covered by the Factory Extended Warranty, without a quibble, it is money well spent.
Note that Roadside Assist does not carry on after the original warranty, despite what the dealer may tell you.
That's a good point on the assist, do you know if they offer you an option to extend?

Just wondered if anyone can advise what cost of the warranty extension to five years is for a T6.1. Understand it comes with 4 years can anyone tell me the cost of the fifth year extension and is it still 150k miles.

£329+VAT gets you two extra years up to 80,000 miles.
£649+VAT if you need to push to 150,000 miles.

image006.png

Mine is 3 years old. I just got the VW email to renew the warranty. For one year, with all components cover and mileage greater than 15000, and zero excess the annual cost is around £950. For named component cover and mileage less than 10000 with a £250 excess the annual cost is around £500. The limit per claim in both cases is £2500. It is void of the van is modified in any way with non VW modifications.
The extended warranty within 90 days of purchase is a bargain.

thanks it looks like its a deal worth doing will confirm that with dealer this morning. thanks to everyone for your comments

Mine is 3 years old. I just got the VW email to renew the warranty. For one year, with all components cover and mileage greater than 15000, and zero excess the annual cost is around £950. For named component cover and mileage less than 10000 with a £250 excess the annual cost is around £500. The limit per claim in both cases is £2500. It is void of the van is modified in any way with non VW modifications.
The extended warranty within 90 days of purchase is a bargain.
I took Warrantywise 3 year package. Nothing excluded. Modifications also covered. Breakdown-European wide. Approx £1,600 up front or can do monthly or yearly to suit individual requirements.
No inspection or 'probation period' if directly following Maufacturer's warranty.

Others available but check what's excluded and repair limitations.
At the time (Feb. 20) the VW option was the worst cover levels.

I took Warrantywise 3 year package. Nothing excluded. Modifications also covered. Breakdown-European wide. Approx £1,600 up front or can do monthly or yearly to suit individual requirements.
No inspection or 'probation period' if directly following Maufacturer's warranty.

Others available but check what's excluded and repair limitations.
At the time (Feb. 20) the VW option was the worst cover levels.
I don’t want to wee wee on your chips and of course I may be proved wrong. However I considered third party warranty, but when you look at the reviews, they seem to be worthless. The VW Warranty although more expensive gives me a bit more peace of mind. Can you actually believe a third party can offer better cover than the manufacturer? I have my doubts.

OK there seem to be various answers on here to your question so here’s another.
I recently extended my VW warranty to 5-years via Eurovans Crawley. This is from the email they sent me:-

“As you know you have the 4 year Complimentary care package that grants you the 4th year FOC that takes you up to 120000 miles or 4 years whichever is sooner.
The 4-5 year warranty upgrade would come in 2 mileage bands (up to 80000 miles or 150000 miles)
The 80K Mileage (Over 5 years would cost you only a further £30.00) Fine if you average 16000 miles pa
The 150K Mileage (Over 5 years would cost you only £350.00) Perfect if you average 30000 miles pa”

Note that your 4-year warranty covers you up to 120,000 miles so if you go for the £30 option that number drops to 80,000 miles over 5- years (which might be fine for most people?). The £350 option retains the original 120,000 4-year mileage allowance and takes it up to 150,000 miles.

Also note the prices are subject to VAT so £36 and £420.

OK there seem to be various answers on here to your question so here’s another.
I recently extended my VW warranty to 5-years via Eurovans Crawley. This is from the email they sent me:-

“As you know you have the 4 year Complimentary care package that grants you the 4th year FOC that takes you up to 120000 miles or 4 years whichever is sooner.
The 4-5 year warranty upgrade would come in 2 mileage bands (up to 80000 miles or 150000 miles)
The 80K Mileage (Over 5 years would cost you only a further £30.00) Fine if you average 16000 miles pa
The 150K Mileage (Over 5 years would cost you only £350.00) Perfect if you average 30000 miles pa”

Note that your 4-year warranty covers you up to 120,000 miles so if you go for the £30 option that number drops to 80,000 miles over 5- years (which might be fine for most people?). The £350 option retains the original 120,000 4-year mileage allowance and takes it up to 150,000 miles.

Also note the prices are subject to VAT so £36 and £420.

Hi GG, reading your post I'm guessing your order went in before the end of August as I queried with Eurovans Crawley and got the following response:

For California orders placed before the end of August there was a 4 year care plan, including 4 years warranty, included free of charge and the option to increase to 5 years is applicable within the first months of registration.

Your order was placed on 20th October and so does not qualify for the care plan.

From Sept 1st the standard 3 year, up to 100,000 mile Warranty applied. This can then be extended as highlighted above.

Hi GG, reading your post I'm guessing your order went in before the end of August as I queried with Eurovans Crawley and got the following response:

For California orders placed before the end of August there was a 4 year care plan, including 4 years warranty, included free of charge and the option to increase to 5 years is applicable within the first months of registration.

Your order was placed on 20th October and so does not qualify for the care plan.

From Sept 1st the standard 3 year, up to 100,000 mile Warranty applied. This can then be extended as highlighted above.
Yes I ordered in July and took delivery in November. 4-year care plan included 4th year warranty, 4th year roadside assistance and 2 free services. Shame they dropped that little sweetener! :-(

Which one did you go for ....
Went large :)
Very much doubt i’ll do 150,000 miles BUT thought I might just creep over the 16,000 per annum on the lower option?

Same here for same reason but managed to cut a deal to split the cost with the dealer on the 150k having spent the capital outlay on the van the extra miles and year seems like a good plan amazing how quick you can pile on miles if you try we managed 14k in 18months in last car and that’s with various lockdowns for 8 months of that time

I don’t want to wee wee on your chips and of course I may be proved wrong. However I considered third party warranty, but when you look at the reviews, they seem to be worthless. The VW Warranty although more expensive gives me a bit more peace of mind. Can you actually believe a third party can offer better cover than the manufacturer? I have my doubts.

Wee wee haha

But I agree, the third party warranties are cheap for a reason , just look on Trustpilot

When I had my van last serviced the VW dealer told me that they had renewed the VW assist for free as part of the service. I did have to use it as I had a puncture and the AA come out no problem. It might be worth checking if this is still the case. Ford and Mercedes have been including free assistance for years after a service. This saves me at least £100 a year and if you take that off of the service cost it works out a very good deal.

Back