Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Extended warranty

john eagle

john eagle

Eaglehead
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi
my Cali‘s warranty is up in September and Vw are asking £650 for a extended warranty for extra 12 months, which seems a lot to me?,
can anyone recommend where they’ve got their extended warranty from and price paid please.
TIA

Hello, there are many posts on here about this topic. Use the search option above.

I posted a lot of detail when I had the same as you earlier this year.

After much research I opted for 3 year deal with MotorEasy (actually 39 months) at a cost of £1200.

I went for their higher end option which means that I can take it to a VW van centre and get VW parts fitted if required.

The extent of what is covered is better than VW in my opinion.

If you cannot find my posts then come back to me and I'll dig them out for you.

Last edited:
I went with Warrantywise as they had the most comprehensive parts cover, no exclusions.
They also will pay for any repairs if you have a failure during a European Mainland trip. AA cover also included.
If continuation from VW 3 year warranty period no inspection or probationary period. Some warranties have an inspection and a 3 month no payout period.
Various options including pay up front or a rolling monthly payment for as long as required.

Some warranty providers don't cover the emission system which is a potential costly item. Have a good read of all information on what is and isn't covered.

I found that the VW offering had many exclusions and limited payout on parts that were covered.

Hi
my Cali‘s warranty is up in September and Vw are asking £650 for a extended warranty for extra 12 months, which seems a lot to me?,
can anyone recommend where they’ve got their extended warranty from and price paid please.
TIA
Be very aware that you are paying for a VW warranty which in the most part VW WILL honour but there are various things the extended warranty won’t cover..I would ask you to at least read some of the reviews from Warrantywise and all the other aftermarket companies. They look good on paper but when it comes to making a claim they will alway try a wriggle out of paying up.. The old saying if it looks too good to be true it probably is...

Be very aware that you are paying for a VW warranty which in the most part VW WILL honour but there are various things the extended warranty won’t cover..I would ask you to at least read some of the reviews from Warrantywise and all the other aftermarket companies. They look good on paper but when it comes to making a claim they will alway try a wriggle out of paying up.. The old saying if it looks too good to be true it probably is...
Thanks for your input. Do you think it’s better not bother with extending the warranty?

Thanks for your input. Do you think it’s better not bother with extending the warranty?
Has to be your choice really..Depends on a number of factors like have you had many warranty claims in the first 3 years? We had the normal stuff like the roof paint, Leisure batteries, rear door struts under warranty. Also the awning just outside of warranty so had to pay a % of that..But never went for the extended warranty as we were quoted quite a bit more that what you have been and couldn’t really justify it..Touch wood nothing gone wrong in the last 2 years..

Has to be your choice really..Depends on a number of factors like have you had many warranty claims in the first 3 years? We had the normal stuff like the roof paint, Leisure batteries, rear door struts under warranty. Also the awning just outside of warranty so had to pay a % of that..But never went for the extended warranty as we were quoted quite a bit more that what you have been and couldn’t really justify it..Touch wood nothing gone wrong in the last 2 years..
Just for information I queried extending my warranty from 4 to 5 years at the time of collecting my new Cali Ocean. I believe this is more cost effective than doing it just before the 4-year warranty expires. Here’s what my dealer advised:-
Apologies for the delay but we now have clarity as follows:
As you know you have the 4 year Complimentary care package that grants you the 4th year FOC that takes you up to 120000 miles or 4 years whichever is sooner.
The 4-5 year warranty upgrade would come in 2 mileage bands (up to 80000 miles or 150000 miles)
The 80K Mileage (Over 5 years would cost you only a further £30.00) Fine if you average 16000 miles pa
The 150K Mileage (Over 5 years would cost you only £350.00) Perfect if you average 30000 miles pa

Just for information I queried extending my warranty from 4 to 5 years at the time of collecting my new Cali Ocean. I believe this is more cost effective than doing it just before the 4-year warranty expires. Here’s what my dealer advised:-
As you know you have the 4 year Complimentary care package that grants you the 4th year FOC that takes you up to 120000 miles or 4 years whichever is sooner.
The 4-5 year warranty upgrade would come in 2 mileage bands (up to 80000 miles or 150000 miles)
The 80K Mileage (Over 5 years would cost you only a further £30.00) Fine if you average 16000 miles pa
The 150K Mileage (Over 5 years would cost you only £350.00) Perfect if you average 30000 miles pa
Decided to go for the £350 option. Expensive for an extra year maybe, but at the end of the day my twisted logic says it equates to just £70 a year across the 5-years.

Really interested in this. Who is your dealer? Ours comes with the 4 year care package, and interested in extending it to 5 years, but elsewhere on the forum I'm seeing this would cost £329+vat for 80k as you have to pay the same as if extending from 3 years to 5 years.

Really interested in this. Who is your dealer? Ours comes with the 4 year care package, and interested in extending it to 5 years, but elsewhere on the forum I'm seeing this would cost £329+vat for 80k as you have to pay the same as if extending from 3 years to 5 years.
My dealer is Eurovans Crawley.

Decided to go for the £350 option. Expensive for an extra year maybe, but at the end of the day my twisted logic says it equates to just £70 a year across the 5-years.
Hi GG that’s great news have you completed and paid the monies and received your paperwork stating 5 years cover. Sure this is of interest to other members,
I think £350 is great value.

Well done.

Hi GG that’s great news have you completed and paid the monies and received your paperwork stating 5 years cover. Sure this is of interest to other members,

Well done.
My dealer is dealing with the paperwork and has advised that I can pay on the day that I collect my van. I’ll update once all in the bag.

The factory extended warranty is explained here which may help new buyers.

Attachments

• factory_extended_warranty.pdf
    3 MB · Views: 64
My dealer is dealing with the paperwork and has advised that I can pay on the day that I collect my van. I’ll update once all in the bag.

I was told I would have to pay the £329+vat, so will look into it further now. £30 sounds a lot better! I believe I have up to 3 months after receiving my van to take the extra warranty.

I was told I would have to pay the £329+vat, so will look into it further now. £30 sounds a lot better! I believe I have up to 3 months after receiving my van to take the extra warranty.
£30 as long as you don’t exceed 80,000 miles over the 5-years. £350 if you want the headroom of up to 150,000 miles.

Do you keep the 4 years servicing /4 years roadside that comes in the care package? Or does this change to 5 years?

Do you keep the 4 years servicing /4 years roadside that comes in the care package? Or does this change to 5 years?
Servicing and warranty are separate. So answer is yes, servicing package does not change. At least that’s how it was for T6.

Servicing and warranty are separate. So answer is yes, servicing package does not change. At least that’s how it was for T6.
@AlisonF thanks. Unfortunately our dealer are telling us it’s EITHER the care package or extending to 5 years. We can’t even have the 4 year care package and pay to extend the warranty to 5 years.

@AlisonF thanks. Unfortunately our dealer are telling us it’s EITHER the care package or extending to 5 years. We can’t even have the 4 year care package and pay to extend the warranty to 5 years.
Which dealer?

My dealership did not say it was an either/or choice so I am querying it with them. If it is either/or I will not be extending the warranty to 5 years.
@GrumpyGranddad I’m sure I’ve seen elsewhere on the forum people have done it. Could you let me know what they say please? When are you anticipating collecting your van?

@GrumpyGranddad I’m sure I’ve seen elsewhere on the forum people have done it. Could you let me know what they say please? When are you anticipating collecting your van?
OK I had a conversation with my dealer today and he assures me that extending my warranty to 5-years does not affect the care package so I will still have the 4-year roadside assistance and first 2 services.
My van is currently at Emden Port awaiting shipping so I’m hoping I’ll have it in 2 or 3 weeks. :)

Back