Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Factory Extended Warranty

Interesting phrase.

“ Although this particular issue should not affect your California, if the roof on your vehicle experienced any corrosion which was found to be a manufacturing defect and not caused by external influences; this repair would be covered under warranty by our approved Van Centre network. “

Difficult to prove, especially if the seal has been removed and you, the owner, report the problem.

is water an external influences ???

Interesting phrase.

“ Although this particular issue should not affect your California, if the roof on your vehicle experienced any corrosion which was found to be a manufacturing defect and not caused by external influences; this repair would be covered under warranty by our approved Van Centre network. “

Difficult to prove, especially if the seal has been removed and you, the owner, report the problem.
Very true and certainly worth thinking about

In New Zealand a 3 year extended warranty costs NZ$1,895 (includes GST (VAT) at 15%).
Has to be taken out within 6 months of purchase and 10,000km.
Hi - I have just ordered a Cali that won't arrive till around October - and was looking into the Factory Extended Warranty option - and whilst it appears pricey, I am thinking it will take the Cali out to 6 years cover - with full factory support. I have just read the doc I was sent by the dealer which quotes " Volkswagen New Zealand guarantees that within the relevant extended warranty period any part or component of your vehicle that is found to be defective from manufacture in materials or workmanship will be repaired, replaced or adjusted, as determined by an Authorised Volkswagen New Zealand Dealer or Volkswagen New Zealand Approved Service Agent free of charge" - though the usual exclusions were in there re wear and tear. I checked with the dealer on the 12 and 24 options and my price was 12 months - $1494, 24 months $1695, 36 months $1895 .... seems like they want us to go for the 36 month option! Did you go for the extended factory option yourself?

I checked with the dealer on the 12 and 24 options and my price was 12 months - $1494, 24 months $1695, 36 months $1895 .... seems like they want us to go for the 36 month option! Did you go for the extended factory option yourself?
Wow, that's a lot more than the UK 1 & 2 year extensions - no 3-year option here.
12-mth 120k miles £299
24-mth 80k miles £329
24-mth 150k miles £649

Double that for NZ dollars equivalent...

I went for the 24/80k option.

Wow, that's a lot more than the UK 1 & 2 year extensions - no 3-year option here.
12-mth 120k miles £299
24-mth 80k miles £329
24-mth 150k miles £649

Are these all excluding VAT?

12-mth 120k miles £299
24-mth 80k miles £329
24-mth 150k miles £649

Yes it is pricey ... though what price for peice of mind for 6 years? I've got a few months to think about it. For me the key thing is the attractiveness of 'Factory extended warranty' as for me this would make a big difference on resale .. and differentiate from other options that might be about at the time. As my plan will be to sell this with low km in around 3 to 4 years ...

Yes it is pricey ... though what price for peice of mind for 6 years? I've got a few months to think about it. For me the key thing is the attractiveness of 'Factory extended warranty' as for me this would make a big difference on resale .. and differentiate from other options that might be about at the time. As my plan will be to sell this with low km in around 3 to 4 years ...

Is the standard NZ warranty 3 years?

The standard VW warranty is 2 years, VWUK give UK customers 1 year inclusive additional warranty, and it is possible to by 1 or 2 years on top of that with mileage restrictions.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

Hi - I have just ordered a Cali that won't arrive till around October - and was looking into the Factory Extended Warranty option - and whilst it appears pricey, I am thinking it will take the Cali out to 6 years cover - with full factory support. I have just read the doc I was sent by the dealer which quotes " Volkswagen New Zealand guarantees that within the relevant extended warranty period any part or component of your vehicle that is found to be defective from manufacture in materials or workmanship will be repaired, replaced or adjusted, as determined by an Authorised Volkswagen New Zealand Dealer or Volkswagen New Zealand Approved Service Agent free of charge" - though the usual exclusions were in there re wear and tear. I checked with the dealer on the 12 and 24 options and my price was 12 months - $1494, 24 months $1695, 36 months $1895 .... seems like they want us to go for the 36 month option! Did you go for the extended factory option yourself?
Yes I took the 36 month option, seemed like the best value for money.

Our Ocean is 3 months old this weekend so today have taken out the manufacturers extended warranty - extra 2 yrs, giving us 5 years/80,000 miles in total. Got in touch with the dealership in Cardiff who sorted it out with no problems whatsoever. 329+VAT. Same level of cover extended over the full term. No limit on number of claims. Have been told it will go through the system and be added to our vehicle record but have been given an electronic copy of the purchase as a safeguard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi everyone

Does anyone know if this warranty option is still available for the Cali? I can’t find it when looking online and wanted to be prepared because I can see that not all dealers play ball on offering it.

If so, would you recommend it?

Thanks

I took out the factory warranty approx 2 weeks ago for our Cali, so I would speak to the dealer regarding it.

I have a Beach so not all the bells and whistles of an Ocean but have parking heater and other options.

My last 2 Amaroks needed radios replacing in last months of manufacturers 3 yr warranty, so I went for an extra 2 years (5 in total) on the Cali.

I took out the factory warranty approx 2 weeks ago for our Cali, so I would speak to the dealer regarding it.
That’s fab. Thank you.

Can I ask how much it is presently and what the duration/mileage is?

For an extra 24 month 80K miles £329 + VAT (£394.80). We may never use it but you never know, may also help if we decide to sell Cali within next 5 years.

That’s great news. Thank you.

Tbh the peace of mind is worth it and also the fact it can be transferred to a new owner is a benefit.

That’s great news. Thank you.

Tbh the peace of mind is worth it and also the fact it can be transferred to a new owner is a benefit.
If I were you I would double check with your dealer if the factory extended warranty can be transferred to another owner. I have a feeling this can't be done.

If I were you I would double check with your dealer if the factory extended warranty can be transferred to another owner. I have a feeling this can't be done.
"A comprehensive package for complete peace of mind. •Extended warranties offer you exactly the same level of cover as the original manufacturer warranty. •There is no limit to the number of claims you can make, no excess and no requirement to pay and then reclaim the costs. •All repairs will be carried out by the Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles' authorised network using genuine parts. •The warranty is fully transferable to a new owner (and subsequent owners) should you sell, which will help to enhance the resale value. •For any repairs, just contact any Volkswagen Van Centre". From brochure

Here is the PDF leaflet the dealer emailed me showing costs, coverage, details and exclusions. Have a look will help you decide if you think it is worth taking.

Under the Transporter section that shows the price.

Attachments

• warranty info.pdf
    4 MB · Views: 31
Just been sent the very same leaflet and they have confirmed it’s the same as the transporter prince. I’m just waiting on confirmation they cover the roof and all the camper stuff on that too.

"A comprehensive package for complete peace of mind. •Extended warranties offer you exactly the same level of cover as the original manufacturer warranty. •There is no limit to the number of claims you can make, no excess and no requirement to pay and then reclaim the costs. •All repairs will be carried out by the Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles' authorised network using genuine parts. •The warranty is fully transferable to a new owner (and subsequent owners) should you sell, which will help to enhance the resale value. •For any repairs, just contact any Volkswagen Van Centre". From brochure
OK. Thanks for sending that. I had been informed it was not transferable by a dealer!! I’ll be making a visit to them in the next week or so on another matter and will raise the point. Thanks again.

OK. Thanks for sending that. I had been informed it was not transferable by a dealer!! I’ll be making a visit to them in the next week or so on another matter and will raise the point. Thanks again.
I’ve had confirmation it will hover everything that was factory fitted on the California too.

Do you have to be the original purchaser to take out this warranty or do you just have to do it within 3 months of it being registered regardless of the number of owners ? Thanks Scoobz

Back