Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

extreme beginners questions

I thought the berghaus was a normal Cali with a set of seat covers and a rucksack thrown in!

yes my research would suggest that is exactly the case! Maybe my question should have been re-phrased .. while I'm on again, are electrically operated roofs standard? (across the range :D )

MalcolmK said:
I thought the berghaus was a normal Cali with a set of seat covers and a rucksack thrown in!

Not quite MalcolmK .... It is a normal Cali SE your right and it does have a berghaus collection outdoor pack as well as berg seat covers and front mats .. The spec is not standard as it comes with mfsw,met paint,18" bi colour wheels , awning , bike rack , 180 ,climate ,priv glass , safe and little badges and its on the logbook as berghaus edition .
May have missed something , but I'm sure someone will pull me on it

Oh I see my dealer has miss informed me this is what he told me he also said it's manual only that put me right off
Now I expect you will tell me he was wrong there as well

One thing that gets me about the Berghaus is why do we fall for giving them all that free advertising of the Berghaus brand? If the Cali was a London Taxi they would be charging Berghaus a few thousand pound per year, very clever marketing indeed. What will we see next? the VW California - Burger King Edition :lol:

choplee said:
You never know they may do a saga edition next ;-)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :headbang

I once went on a saga river cruise.

the clatter of zimmer frames gaver me headache, the bar closed at 9pm and the only thing on the menu in the beauty spa was a blue rinse.

Goodness, a Saga Cali. You could go back to the old days of a bloke walking in front with a red flag and he would die of boredom through having to walk so slow. The only gearbox available would be a DSG ... "Don't start Go".

It's not a new thing. Nissan have had Fat Face and North Face? editions of their cars before - think the trail?

And Mitsibishi have Animal branded versions of their pickup vans.

I'll never understand marketing.

Gives a little variety and keeps it open to more people having slightly different editions etc ...
Maybe start a thread on named edition vehicular's ;-)

Sorry johnv your thread has been hijacked slightly promise to get back on track for you :)

no mate, loving it, my questions have been answered, off to check out the berghaus tomorrow ..

GrannyJen said:
It should be mentioned in the California Supplement that comes with the handbook.
Love this!! :cool meaning your travels around the coast of Britain!! Not getting to grips with this site yet!!!

dod4luce said:
GrannyJen said:
It should be mentioned in the California Supplement that comes with the handbook.
Love this!! :cool meaning your travels around the coast of Britain!! Not getting to grips with this site yet!!!

:D :D

Pleased that you like it and thank you for the comment left on my website.

I am off again next week, back to Fishguard, hoping to do the next section and finish somewhere past Liverpool :)

Sure I read that the 'Berghaus' edition came into the UK as a standard Cali, they were then transformed into a special edition somewhere in the UK.

reserves said:
Sure I read that the 'Berghaus' edition came into the UK as a standard Cali, they were then transformed into a special edition somewhere in the UK.

Yep - same as the Sportline Vans and the Editon25 Velles

James

well I bought, so I will find out shortly what it has and hasn't got! :D

johnv said:
well I bought, so I will find out shortly what it has and hasn't got! :D

Nice one johnv .. Welcome to the Cali club and berg family :)

The Berg is a great buy - nicely specced and look great as well as something different.

Welcome along :)

it wasn't the one in the classifieds, I just missed that one! very similar only silver

Well done Jon and welcome to the big smile club :D

:hello cheers all, I will now throw all the saga cruise brochures in the bin

johnv said:
:hello cheers all, I will now throw all the saga cruise brochures in the bin

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

They breed in bins. You will get thousands of them, piling through the letterbox, week in and week out, and thern viking river cruises will join in and start sending you thousands more.... and then co-op funerals will realise that if you have even had a passing thought about saga cruises you must be ready to pop your clogs so they will send you lots of "prepare for the end" brochures....

No...

Do not even mention the S word...

Now, go out, say nice words to your cali, promise it that it will never be buried in saga cruise brochures ....