Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Factory Order Lead Times

Yes I just didn’t think they looked like Springfield’s in that photo!
It’s a screen shot from the video Jamie sent over that’s why it’s pretty poor quality.

Congrats. Sports Pack too! Does anyone know if those black B-pillars are plastic or vinyl?
Had a closer look when I washed the Coast this morning. The black roof feature is definitely painted. But there is a distinct lip on the black B pillar element so I am pretty sure this is a vinyl decal.

Cheers. There are ABS plastic “covers” you can get for the B Pillars. Thought it might be them.

Had a closer look when I washed the Coast this morning. The black roof feature is definitely painted. But there is a distinct lip on the black B pillar element so I am pretty sure this is a vinyl decal.
Took this from someones post on another topic, believe these are the 4 part numbers required for the black b pillars

7E0 853 309
7E0 853 310
7E0 853 312
7E0 853 313

I’ve just been informed I need a tracker fitting to obtain the free insurance. Metatrak have been suggested, can anyone recommend a decent cheap tracker that satisfies this requirement please?

I’ve gone for the Vodafone one on account it has two fobs and the first year’s subscription included. £449.99 fitted from connectmycar.

I’ve just been informed I need a tracker fitting to obtain the free insurance. Metatrak have been suggested, can anyone recommend a decent cheap tracker that satisfies this requirement please?
Don't forget, until you have the tracker fitted, you won't have theft cover under the VW insurance.

Don't forget, until you have the tracker fitted, you won't have theft cover under the VW insurance.
I was told by the dealer I have 14 days but I’m about to call the insurance now. Thank you

I was told by the dealer I have 14 days but I’m about to call the insurance now. Thank you
Unfortunately I think your dealer is incorrect; you have to have the tracker fitted already when the insurance commences and that has to be when you first collect the vehicle - that's what VWFS told me.

Unfortunately I think your dealer is incorrect; you have to have the tracker fitted already when the insurance commences and that has to be when you first collect the vehicle - that's what VWFS told me.
I was also told it had to be fitted within 14 days of taking out the free insurance.

As above, that's what VWFS advised me (I decided to not go with the free insurance in the end). I would go with what VWFS say, not the dealer; if a claim is made, it's got nothing to do with the dealer and I can't think of anything worse than having a brand new Cali nicked and not being insured for it!

When I arranged my insurance, they made it clear there would be no theft cover until the tracker is fitted. Pretty clear you need it on before you pick the van up otherwise you won’t be covered for theft.

https://www.trackershop-uk.com/scorpiontrack-driver-s5-vts-gps-tracker.html

I rang them rather than ordering online, and they gave me a time slot booking for installation at the dealership (rang today, they're fitting on Monday) while I was on
Hi, could I ask you about your experience with the Scorpion? Did you go for the 'plus' version with immobilisation? Asked about experiences elsewhere and @Hawthorn37 was saying that the ignition needs to be turned twice most of the time. Is that your experience? That feels a bit crappy on 70k+ brand new vehicle. Thanks in advance.

Iv got the scorpion and iv never had to turn the key twice.
I got a phone call and notifications when the dealer moved my Cali on hand over day. With out the key fob.
I was going to have the Vodafone one but they couldn’t fit it for 3 weeks so had scorpion.

Hi, could I ask you about your experience with the Scorpion? Did you go for the 'plus' version with immobilisation? Asked about experiences elsewhere and @Hawthorn37 was saying that the ignition needs to be turned twice most of the time. Is that your experience? That feels a bit crappy on 70k+ brand new vehicle. Thanks in advance.
No issues like that for me, if the app didn't show my vehicle location I wouldn't know it was there

Hello. Anyone else build week 36. We ordered 19th May. Really regretting not selecting the towbar option but think it’s too late now.

Hello. Anyone else build week 36. We ordered 19th May. Really regretting not selecting the towbar option but think it’s too late now.
Hi
i placed my order on 30th May and was told started build 3rd July so I’d have expected you’d be in build by now too. I’m assuming that another batch of UK vehicles will be on the way soon so hoping to hear it’s in UK some time in August.

Ordered on 3rd July here and anxiously reading all the 'my pop top leaks' stories o_O.

Ordered on 3rd July here and anxiously reading all the 'my pop top leaks' stories o_O.
Hoping to pick mine up in a few weeks and not sure if I need to buy a pop top cover so that mine is protected from the start…pending VW issuing a fix (would need to rely on a reliable weather forecast to know when to put it on though).

Hoping to pick mine up in a few weeks and not sure if I need to buy a pop top cover so that mine is protected from the start…pending VW issuing a fix (would need to rely on a reliable weather forecast to know when to put it on though).
I'm thinking the same - I know I shouldn't have to but something like the Rainbow Screens thermal cover which would give me piece of mind re waterproofing, and some thermal insulation and a bit of noise suppression etc. I'm not totally against that..I just don't know how much space I'm going to have in the van (1st time owning one!). Hoping for some kind of recognition of the issue from VW and a fix in the pipeline, as are all owners impacted I'm sure.

Hi
i placed my order on 30th May and was told started build 3rd July so I’d have expected you’d be in build by now too. I’m assuming that another batch of UK vehicles will be on the way soon so hoping to hear it’s in UK some time in August.
Last time I rang the garage about 4 weeks ago they said it was pencilled in for week 36 build. Oh gosh I might ring them for an update.