Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Feedback on Comfortz service

Nick has been a great help to us and sent out everything we asked for in good time for our winter trip to Europe. All the kit supplied has been fantastic and endured some bad weather along the way . But still kept the van warm & dry, cheers Nick and the team;)

Hello Nick, you will find I purchased a comforz windscreen cover which arrived in good time and looks great.
We left Luxembourg for our annual winter travels direction Portugal.
Noticed three nights into our journey that the strap which secures to the door handle had not been stitched adequately, and is tearing away.
Any suggestions? For future could I suggest you beef up the area around the velcro strap.
We are in Portugal now for 2 months.
Regards Tony

Many thanks Nick for the add on side panels for the Awning kit, I've added lashing points to the bottoms, and Velcro fittings to the tops. Off again soon, will test out properly then.

View attachment 9960

View attachment 9961

View attachment 9962

View attachment 9963

View attachment 9964
Hello daz60,
Those add on side panels look interesting. That area can sometimes become a draughty gap.
Are these side pieces effective at dealing with this issue?
Did you ask Nick to make them as a one off special or does he stock them?
Best wishes
Paul

t6-skirting-570x600.jpg
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/shop/product/vw-t5-t6-windbreak-skirt

Hello daz60,
Those add on side panels look interesting. That area can sometimes become a draughty gap.
Best wishes
Paul
Hi Paul, yes I asked Nick to make the side panels 300mm wide, and yes they do stop the draught and keep the dog in 20150911_140422.jpg 20150911_140330.jpg

We have purchased lots of Comfortz products and I can say without any reservations that they have all been nicely designed, fit for purpose, very well made from top quality materials, compact when not in use and are all an excellent fit. Also they all have great heavy duty storage bags.

Since first meeting him at a very foggy Lower Lode meet in October 2015, I have found Nick to be a really nice genuine chap. He is always ready to listen to new ideas and has custom made a couple of items for us that have both turned out to be very useful. These were a waterproof mattress cover for the three seater Beach VW comfort mattress. (See my thread entitled,
"T6 Beach seven seat downstairs waterproof mattress cover")
and an awning joining kit for connecting one Comfortz awning room to another. (See my thread entitled,
"At last we've had the opportunity to test it!"

Sorry but I tried to do proper links but failed.

The service that he and his team provide is second to none. Everything that we have purchased has arrived almost before we had ordered it.
Wonderful service, thanks.

Last edited:
Thanks daz60,
Thanks very interesting. I will give them some thought as they look like a very useful addition.

I have these skirts brilliant makes the awning much warmer and stops my bichon frise max from escaping. Brilliant bit of kit

Hello Nick, you will find I purchased a comforz windscreen cover which arrived in good time and looks great.
We left Luxembourg for our annual winter travels direction Portugal.
Noticed three nights into our journey that the strap which secures to the door handle had not been stitched adequately, and is tearing away.
Any suggestions? For future could I suggest you beef up the area around the velcro strap.
We are in Portugal now for 2 months.
Regards Tony

Hi Tony apologies for that! - drop me an email to comfortzleisure@aol.com and we'll get you sorted out :thumb

Hello daz60,
Best wishes
Paul

Hello Paul,

Its not something we stock as such but they only work with the side bars (velcro around them)- I can't remember if you have them?

Hello Paul,

Its not something we stock as such but they only work with the side bars (velcro around them)- I can't remember if you have them?
Thanks Nick.
Yes we have side bars so I might look into getting some.
Best wishes
Paul

Hi Tony apologies for that! - drop me an email to comfortzleisure@aol.com and we'll get you sorted out :thumb
Hi Nick thanks for your prompt reply, I will take some photos of the problem stitching, and email to you.
We are here in Tavira Portugal for a couple of months, so we should be able to get it sorted with your assistance.
Tony

Another bit if feedback on Comfortz, having just become a VIP this week, I placed an order with Nick on Tuesday afternoon for a roof topper, awning kit (and base) + the insulated screen wrap. I was delighted that the package arrived with me this morning!!
I have my first proper trip in the Cali this w/e, so I will try and post up a few pics

:)[/QUOTE

What colour roof topper did you get and did it match the awning?
We can't decide which colour to get with indium grey!
I think black would look smart but worried it might absorb too much heat in the summer. Would light grey be more sensible? Any advice would be appreciated. Our van is due in March but want to order in advance.

+1 for Comfortz, sent us out an awning room last July and arrived next day, was our stuipid fault for ordering last minute but they came up trumps for us.

Hi Nick thanks for your prompt reply, I will take some photos of the problem stitching, and email to you.
We are here in Tavira Portugal for a couple of months, so we should be able to get it sorted with your assistance.
Tony
Hello Nick, I can not thank you enough for taking care of my problem with the screen cover, what a great service you provide.
I think I will have to have the side screens now ,just have to talk my wife into it.
Tony

I've not (yet) ordered from Comfortz but have been in touch with Nick on a couple of occasions with queries about products. He is incredibly informative and helpful and always responds swiftly to my queries. Will definitely be ordering from him when we finally get our Cali here.

Back