Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Finally seen one!

KernowLad

Gone, but not forgotten!
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Seen a fair few conventional Calis but not a Beach - until this weekend.

Bright red, 12 reg, Bluemotion, owners (a Redditch couple) friendly but the bloke didn't quite appear to know what they'd bought! I asked what engine - he had no idea. I asked about the roof - no idea! Half wondered if they'd just hired it but I think it was their own and they appeared competent with the various accessories - chairs, table, awning, etc.

Had a quick chat about other stuff and he was a nice chap.

I think you'll see a lot more from a variety of groups where the SE isn't quite right:
- the we wanted a caravelle but needed two beds crowd
- the only want to cook outside and prefer a bigger bed crowd
- the I really need a multipurpose van with 7 seats, which can sleep four and be turned into a van crowd.

I am sure there are more variants on this! :thumb

BikerBoy said:
I think you'll see a lot more from a variety of groups where the SE isn't quite right:
- the we wanted a caravelle but needed two beds crowd
- the only want to cook outside and prefer a bigger bed crowd
- the I really need a multipurpose van with 7 seats, which can sleep four and be turned into a van crowd.

I am sure there are more variants on this! :thumb

We looked seriously at one too but decided we wanted the full fat version in the end.

I think the Beach is a great idea for many - the main bad point of the SE in 4Motion form is the lack of seats (you can't have a 5th one). Enough for us but not for many that need a big SUV/MPV type vehicle.

And the yellow one is quite simply, damn cool! :cool: :cool:

I really wanted a Multivan - they are awesome vehicles in concept and it is a crying shame that VW brought them to the UK in limited numbers for the T4 but never in the T3 (real shame) and the T5.

Caravlles are nice - but I don't really need a big people carrier. I don't need a full camper and the Beach is perfect, it has real character.

The beach is great - it has all the usefullness of a Multivan - great for occasional trips/weekends away and something that puts a smile on your face.

James

Back