Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fire Extinguisher Location

What did you use to affix it in place?
Whatever you use, make sure it's very secure. A 1.75 litre AFFF foam extinguisher is a heavy lump of ironwork to have flying around your head in a roll-over. No point having an extinguisher if it bashes your brains out before the van has even caught fire.

A safe solution in that regard would be to buy one of the extinguishers that comes with a cradle (eg the Lifeline handhelds, widely used in motorsport) that is bolted to a solid-ish surface like the seat base.

Alternatively though I have heard very good things about the Fire Safety Stick range of potassium nitrate extinguishers, much smaller/handier than foam type, reportedly very effective and have no expiry date, but I'm not an expert so DYOR.

[QUOTE="Velma's Dad, post: 572520,
Alternatively though I have heard very good things about the Fire Safety Stick range of potassium nitrate extinguishers, much smaller/handier than foam type, reportedly very effective and have no expiry date, but I'm not an expert so DYOR.[/QUOTE]

I got one of these Fire Safety Sticks and have mounted it on the side of the rear seat base. Thankfully not needed to test its effectiveness.
d17460e327f06507a63bffa9b3543e96.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk