Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

First Post-Ive been an innocent bystander.

westfalia

westfalia

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Hi everyone,
Ive been following this forum since the Facebook days when there was a `coup`.
it was kinda like the brexit thing now, in or out. It seems OUT was a good move.
Anyway this is a brilliant site for info and i´m always looking here for good advice.(of which is plentiful)
but sometimes i would like to offer my experiences but feel like until i´ve introduced myself it would be wrong.
So here´s my Intro.
I´ve got a 2.5tdi California 174ps (now about 204ps) 2006 yr, owned from new and done 228000 kms all
camping around europe.
I love it and that´s why i´m here.
Cheers Mark.

Welcome Mark!!

Wow, 228,000 km of Californiating! :thumb:thumb

Love to know what's the most spectacular place you've stayed at in your Cali (so far)??

Welcome Mark,

I do not know of the Facebook days, in fact I try not to know of Facebook, but I would agree this is a brilliant forum with some brilliant contributors that have meant much to me.

Have a great time being "In" with us, "Out" with them and in and out of Europe with a cali :D

Welcome - so how did you go from 174 to 204ps - Tuning map, Turbo, Intercooler or something else?

Welcome Mark!!

Wow, 228,000 km of Californiating! :thumb:thumb

Love to know what's the most spectacular place you've stayed at in your Cali (so far)??
At the moment i think Slovenia,great country,great people,good food,cheap camping.
That´s what we want.isn´t it
But then again the Dolomites in summer is (spectacular) but there´s many.

Welcome Mark.
I hope you'll share some pictures of what must be your very impressive travels around Europe. We've only had our Cali for 6 months, but the helpful advice we've had from Forum members has been invaluable.

Welcome - so how did you go from 174 to 204ps - Tuning map, Turbo, Intercooler or something else?
Hi welshgas,
I had loads of problems with my DPF. So decieded to remove it.Unfortunately the firm in
ashford kent were a bunch of cowboys so i took it to Pendle performance and he did a good
job ( 5 yrs ogo ).
It was a remap. I´ve got full VW service history, and like he said, they´ll never know.
So far i´m happy.

Welcome Mark,

I do not know of the Facebook days, in fact I try not to know of Facebook, but I would agree this is a brilliant forum with some brilliant contributors that have meant much to me.

Have a great time being "In" with us, "Out" with them and in and out of Europe with a cali :D
Thank you for the welcome,
I think aftrer numerous years of being a bystander i´m definitely in with
you lot.

Aha , one thats coming out of the closet

A warm welcome from Belgium!

Thank you for the welcome,
I think aftrer numerous years of being a bystander i´m definitely in with
you lot.

You won't after we beat you in Euro 2016....

OH!

Goodness! That pig looked far too fat to fly :sad

Hi welshgas,
I had loads of problems with my DPF. So decieded to remove it.Unfortunately the firm in
ashford kent were a bunch of cowboys so i took it to Pendle performance and he did a good
job ( 5 yrs ogo ).
It was a remap. I´ve got full VW service history, and like he said, they´ll never know.
So far i´m happy.

Probably for the best, I almost did this with my Alfa a few years ago, increased MPG and performance etc. Luckily I was slow to decide and they've now made it an MOT fail to have the DPF removed/bypassed because of the increased pollution, so probably for the best on the long run that you had a remap.

How many miles would you say you've done on your remap?

I only have the 114ps so its sometimes tempting to get a little more from it.

Probably for the best, I almost did this with my Alfa a few years ago, increased MPG and performance etc. Luckily I was slow to decide and they've now made it an MOT fail to have the DPF removed/bypassed because of the increased pollution, so probably for the best on the long run that you had a remap.

How many miles would you say you've done on your remap?

I only have the 114ps so its sometimes tempting to get a little more from it.
Hi Matt,
I´ve probably done about 40 000 miles since the remap, i only did it cos the DPF was problematic
on mine.
The actual casing on the exhaust pipe is original, its the honeycomb filter that´s been removed so visually
it all looks hunky dory.
I was worried about it passing the emissions test but it passed, only a slight increase from the previous test.

Back