Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

First trip in my Cali complete

Daveb999

Daveb999

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
N/A
Ive only had my Cali for a couple of weeks. Had my first trip in it over the last few days. What a great experience. Easy to drive, very easy to pitch up compared to a tent and so much more comfortable than a tent (albeit rather more expensive....).

First two days was at a C&MC site in England. Really tidy, toilet block clean and a feel good atmosphere. MY dog seemed to enjoy things which was great as I wasnt sure how he would adapt to van life. One of the days it absolutely pissed down. Great being warm and dry in the Cali watching the world going by and topping up my coffee. The hook up thing is great, electric kettle, sorted.

Next two days was at an independent site in Dutton. Very similar Experience although facilities not quite as good and no showers due to Covid. Again getting used to having the Cali was a great experience.

Over the few days I used both beds and think I prefer the upper bunk, although its maybe a little short for me. I love how easy the main living section is to configure depending on daytime seating or evening sleep. I bought a FLYOUT side door net which seems to have been a great purchase. Nice having the door open when its warmer outside.

I have another trip away next week, this time staying in Scotland. Really looking forward to it after my first trip being such a great experience.

D1947888-DAD0-40A8-BE30-DC8F6DC12BF0.jpeg

D8A22463-273A-4D57-99A4-15962377A43A.jpeg

862D59ED-0382-4256-969D-7B7B853D824E.jpeg

B509FFC8-24EC-4802-AA06-A465C5C177B8.jpeg

416A79EC-17DA-4DA1-A8FA-B6D7F49E3AA0.jpeg

Glad it went well. Your dog looks to be in doggy heaven :thumb

Fantastic. Enjoy your trip to Scotland as well.

The easy drive-ability of the Cali is what makes it such a great vehicle, and as you mention, the ease of making up the living area.

Enjoy.

Fantastic. Enjoy your trip to Scotland as well.

The easy drive-ability of the Cali is what makes it such a great vehicle, and as you mention, the ease of making up the living area.

Enjoy.
I was surprised at the ease of everything. Ive bought quite an old van and wasn’t sure how it would be but apart from a few niggles its been great. Definitely see why they hold their value so much.

Fantastic. Love your little dog, cute.