Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Meet in Tewksbury and a trip in Wales

Sathurday , enjoying the great site we are , been sunny up till 13pm then got cloudy , in the Cali for lunch and a powernap.Sun came out again
Arround 15pm took of to the lighthouse just in front here , did it slowly only been away two hours afther 8h Snowdon on wednesday and four hours of Coastal Path yesterday , seems i feel a bit stiff ....age?
View attachment 14694
View attachment 14695

Anyway the evening sun out again and seems the thirth evening in a row the wind goes down a bit and seems yet again a beautiful sunset here at Point Lynas.
The light floats on a pool of mercury, giving minimal friction, at South Stack and the light bulbs are only 100W but magnified through the lenses.
Amazing place.

Not that I didn't choose to spend the weekend clearing out half the garage and half the loft ahead of our house move after 17 yrs.
Doesn't stop me wishing we were there though! Glad it showed off for you.

Here showing off with the new mat i went to pick-up at Llaneli during our trip , thanks to @briwy for giving us the shop details , acutally took me a while to locate the shop as it seems nobody who we asked at the marketplace new that shop
image.jpeg
Just trowed it open for this one picture as i don't have pegs with me to tie it down propperly.
Got the small version 1,5m X 2,5m
30£
Correction spend 60£ there ...bought two of them to have a spare....:D

We were looking for one of those mats, what was the name of the shop?

That tip gonna cost you money....:D

http://www.moroccanmatting.co.uk

Do call him first as he not sell those mats in his shop , they are not VW brand and accualy not to be sold in shops...he stores them elswhere in diffrent colors and size.
He also ships by posts and does VW meets.
This is a item that should be in the forum shop.

Look what i found just in front off the campsite walking the dog....
image-jpeg.14724
What did the sign say on the other side? o_O

Nothing , the one a bit further on the opposite side is saying " welcome to Shropshire"

Or

Nid yw arwydd hwn yn cael ei ddefnyddio.

I think it is called Moroccan mats and they also sell clips to keep them flat. Not sure that the VW mats are on their web site but get the phone number from there and call them. The mats come in a range of colours.

Have you made it to the south coast?
We are in wait on getting onboard now , had the last few days not been updating as we got no wifi , been saving my databundel for wheater, news,...

Had some sun and few rain.
Spent the night near Beacon Beacons sunday evening afther driving 150km from Point Lynas ended in Llandovery at Erwlon Camping park found it in the ACSI guide .
image.jpeg
Nice site , 10 min walk to the village center , 5 min to supermarket , circular walks leaving the site. Very nice toiletblock and showers only downside was no WiFi (need to pay)
Did a small walk while the weather still was ok , seems we got very lucky having almost no rain during the daytime the whole trip.
Enjoyed the evening sun , when it got to cold we still had this view from in the Cali
image.jpeg
Woke up thuseday sunny again and headed for Dover using the motorway as we did leave Wales behind us , wich took us less time then expected ( 515 km) so tried to leave a day earlyer but they charged 80euro ! extra to change the ferrytrip one day ealyer .We just than headed back off wanted to spend the night at St-Margarets at cliffs , Dover patrol memorial where we had stayed before , 15 min drive to the ferryterminal and a nice free place to spend the night.
Arrived there , seems they changed the rules....no overnight parking damn , such a shame !
So over to the coast above Canterbury (40km extra , and back in the morning!) staying the night at Saesalter , a free parkingplace where it is allowed to spend the night , not that good , just beside the road but straigt at the beach and a toilet availeble ( closed at nighttime) but no seaview at all from the parking.
It did rained a bit in the evening.
Did a short walk on the beach
Spot our Hotel California to the left.

image.jpeg

Wednesdaymorning again sunny and dry!
Off to Dover , ferry at 10am

So parked up in the bowels of the ferry.......Mieke stays inside
image.jpeg

And on the deck enjoying the view
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:
We are in wait on getting onboard now , had the last few days not been updating as we got no wifi , been saving my databundel for wheater, news,...

Had some sun and few rain.
Spent the night near Beacon Beacons sunday evening and headed for Dover on thuseday wich took us less time then expected so tried to leave but the chareged 80euro extra to change the date . We just than headed back off to the coast above Canterbury staying the night.

Will update details when home later today or tomorrow
Hello Wim,
I hope that you all enjoyed your holiday. Your photos are lovely and you obviously made the most of your time in the UK. They have reminded me of some superb holidays that we have spent in Wales over the years. The last one was the week before the Lower Lode. We too went up Snowdon and also found it shrouded in clowd at the top. We would have loved to have climbed it as well but as we both have dodgy knees we took the steam train instead. Have you any plans to visit again soon?
It was great to meet you at the Lower Lode and have a chat.
Best wishes.
P.s Thanks again for the washing up liquid prezzie.

It was great to meet you both and thank you for the present it will be very useful.

I hope you had a good time in the UK and that we will see you again some day.

Ps. Nice t25/t3 behind you in that photo too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now back at home , took us another 238km from Dunquerke to get here....
Unloaded the Cali a bit , propper clean-out this weekend.
Done total 2455 km (distance by ferry not included) in 14 days , seems we had better weather in Wales than back home in Belgium....:D Love it....
As i said in previous post on our trips , i like to leave on a trip , but i do like coming home also...sleep in our home bedroom afther a nice shower...of to work tomorrow at 6am.
Will add more info later....

Thankx to everyone who contributed to our trip giving tips and support!

Hope you enjoyed your holiday. Nice to meet up. Safe journey home and don't forget to take off the headlight diffusers.:thumb

Hope you enjoyed your holiday. Nice to meet up. Safe journey home and don't forget to take off the headlight diffusers.:thumb

Thankx Paul , still don't know if i fitted them the right way , waiting at the ferry in Dover thismorning saw many UK drivers scratching thiere heads trying to bring them on heading to the mainland
Guess we need to start sticky topic in the tecnical section on how to do it correct!

Thankx Paul , still don't know if i fitted them the right way , waiting at the ferry in Dover thismorning saw many UK drivers scratching thiere heads trying to bring them on heading to the mainland
Guess we need to start sticky topic in the tecnical section on how to do it correct!
We're old school as we don't have the Zenon or LED headlights. I use the VW Headlight Protectors that that are marked to take black vinyl stick on shapes.
I'll be putting mine on in a few weeks time when we head to Italy.

P.s Thanks again for the washing up liquid prezzie
Oh, that's why it tasted terrible! :D

Only two of you in the pictures, you haven't lost the dog have you? ;)

Glad you're home safe and sound. You certainly picked the right week to come up here, this week the weather has been rubbish.
It was great to meet the three of you but the rabbits are not missing Mieke;)

Did some shopping on the way out...
When we where a supermakets we would love taste all kinds of things , the food they sell looks great!
Took this home , mostly snacks
Things we don't see in our supermakets
But also some to put on my sandwich for work tomorrow...
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Chocolats and candy

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Chips
image.jpeg
Cereals
image.jpeg
Glas jars , don't know what the Marmite is but was told it goes on toast....
image.jpeg
Oh and some alcohol we took in on the ferry...
There was a very small and expecife bottle containing some alcohol Mrs. HC choose , it said Dior or so on the box....
I took these:D larger botlles....and where even cheaper than her's!
But guess her's gonna last longer?

Oimage.jpeg

When we where a supermakets we would love taste all kinds of things , the food they sell looks great!
View attachment 14791
View attachment 14792
View attachment 14793
Chocolats and candy

View attachment 14794
View attachment 14795
View attachment 14796
Chips
View attachment 14797
Cereals
View attachment 14798
View attachment 14800
There was a very small and expecife bottle containing some alcohol Mrs. HC choose , it said Dior or so on the box....

OView attachment 14801
Love the Botanist, try it with Fevertree Mediterranean tonic, ice and slice of lime and cucumber, ace

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 14791
View attachment 14792
View attachment 14793
Chocolats and candy

View attachment 14794
View attachment 14795
View attachment 14796
Chips
View attachment 14797
Cereals
View attachment 14798
View attachment 14800

OView attachment 14801
Reminds me of one time we were in France and bought some pasties in a supermarket. After pouring baked beans all over them we found our "pasties" were actually more closely related to apple pie.

I should have paid more attention in French class at school :D