Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

FIVE people camping in a Cali?

C

Cavilln

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Yes, I know I said 5. We have three kids and didn't want to get a massive van we couldn't use as a second car.

Anyone got any tips?

So far for us it has been good. OK it is cramped but it just means we have to put up an awning (Khyam) every time and that gives us tons of room for stuff, including the 5th seat when we are camping. We fight over who sleeps in the awning (usually dad) and it is a bit of a squeeze when everyone wants to cram in the van but then again we can sit in the awning around the camp table when it rains.

The main pleasant surprise has been how useful the 5th seat has been. It is easy to put in and out (although very very heavy) and the best thing is it swivels through 180 degrees. The kids seem to prefer having it face backwards so they put their feet up and have more legroom/kicking fights.

we also have to be quite careful about how much stuff we take and where it goes. But to anyone considering a Cali for 5 I would say it is posible, with an awning.

...and then when I go away on my own or with one mate it is luxury! space for everything

Back