Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Folding chairs - any recommendations?

I have just received 2 x lightweight folding chairs that fit inside the existing tailgate stowage. They’re only 1.5Kg each so there’s no noticeable impact to the tailgate opening speed. I bought two for a grand total of £23.45 including delivery and I’m pretty happy:

I have 2 young kids so the little folding chairs we take are too low for use with the outdoor picnic table. These folding chairs are the same height as the original California ones. Granted they have no arm rests but for meal times I think they’ll fit the bill perfectly at a much more reasonable price and weight.
DFDC7A98-424B-4101-8BD7-E6E04F953C6A.jpeg091CB3D0-4CEA-47A9-AA68-BDE48233F29A.jpegD6ED9C83-C67B-49AF-9E9C-B5295B8E443E.jpegC8BB7FAD-5F5C-419C-B782-2D6DD994239F.jpeg

Has anyone ordered the FrontRunnerOutfitters chairs since Br*xit? Looks like they may be shipped from abroad - just wondering if there were any delays or additional charges people have been hit with or if it went smoothly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hi yes got them in feb, no extra costs and delivery came two days after ordering

Just to say these "ultimate" chairs are still available at £12 each. I just ordered a couple and they'll be great for the kids. They fit perfectly in the tailgate in between the cali chairs. They're perfectly comfortable for us as well. Thanks @JunglieD for your post.

…A thread with staying power.

Frustrated with the uncomfortable Cali deckchairs we’ve looked and bought several then rejected them as too uncomfortable or sumptuous but way too big to pack, before eventually measuring the boot space ‍♂️ and chancing upon one of these, because of the packed up dimensions, then getting its pair.

The adjustable legs make it comfortable even for long periods, all sizes on all surfaces and small enough to fit on the back shelf of our (cut down T6) boot shelf. They’re also very water resistant.

Abode Carp Chair

Similar from most fishing outlets. Our burglar alarm guy enjoys fishing and happened to be servicing our alarm when the second one arrived. He was so impressed he immediately ordered a pair for his Wife and himself.

I have just taken the plunge and ordered one in Swedish Blue :thumb Very expensive but so lightweight and compact that I think I will use it a lot, not only with the camper. The optional rocking feet look really great too but one thing at a time :)
Wow they seem expensive. We use these which look like the same thing and still a premium brand... A lot cheaper https://amzn.to/3KMBxu0
They will fit in tailgate even with the cali chairs. I have removed the cali chairs, so now I can fit these, front screen cover and some other bits on the tailgate storage.

You can get add on feet for soft ground / sand.. https://amzn.to/3CWtUzc

You can see them in one of our videos..

Just FYI:
4x helinox savanna
2x helinox one table

It all fits in de tailgate with room to spare for sleeping bags or pads or other camping material…
Not cheap, but it results in 4 awesome chairs and extra table real estate while having diner 2306543C-10DB-42E0-9BD8-85184A79C51B.jpeg32C8097E-94DD-4E09-85A7-28276D642B4C.jpeg

I recently bought some Frontrunner chairs that fold up and fit inside my VW ones. Very comfy but quite heavy.

4e37c2a0003bac82.jpg

I have just received four of these chairs, under £12 each, approximately the same height as a standard California chair. They feel flimsy and unstable with my bulk upon them, but perfectly suitable for children at mealtimes. All four chairs fit snugly in the tailgate bag with the two standard California chairs... and the tailgate stays up... just... in this morning's temperature of 10C.

IMG_4647.JPG
Two plus four chairs.

IMG_4646.JPG
Two away.

IMG_4645.JPG
Two plus two away.

IMG_4641.JPG
Two plus four away.

Where I purchased:

Back