Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Table and chairs, looking for recommendations.

Padraic

Padraic

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Hi everyone, we are hoping to buy a table and two chairs for our recently acquired T4 California. I'm looking for recommendations before we buy. We are looking for something that's sturdy, comfortable and also can be packed in to the Cali easily Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Regards Padraic.

Check Decathlon, they really have some superb packable chairs and tables in different types - stuff they make now is very clever in design and sturdy too.

Has anyone come up with any fancy chair/storage ideas for the T4 like the nifty T5 solution - Must say the chair stowage of the T5 is the one thing I'm jealous of...;)
Does anyone use the T5 chairs in a T4 - do they take much room when folded?
I've looked at Decathlon, but not really impressed with their choice. Would also be interested in knowing recommendations from folks on here for their chair choice...

There is a bloke popping up on Facebook with a 'table in the side door ' kit, but it may be T5 kit. Worth a search.if I see it again,I'll post a link.
No such kit for the chairs I'm afraid.
I did find vando chairs that folded up into the rear seat base, but they went with my van, and aren't on vango's website.
No point buying Cali chairs as they are expensive and fragile and only worthwhile if you can hide them in the tailgate.
Having gone 4 to 5, the table and chairs set up is the biggest / most useful change.

Yes it would be great to come up with a decent set of chairs and table that can be packed away in a T4. Is the quality of the Cali table good? Would it be worth buying?

Yes it would be great to come up with a decent set of chairs and table that can be packed away in a T4. Is the quality of the Cali table good? Would it be worth buying?
The table is nice quality but it's USP is the ability to hide in the sliding door panel. Without that, I think your money would be better spent more mass-market.

Back