Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

FORTY DAYS TO GO!!!

IanH777

IanH777

VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 680
Harvey arrives on 25JUN and we would like to ask those of you who already own a GC680:
a. Any recommendations for a flat panel, high-def, Bluetooth monitor (we don’t watch tv, we just stream from iPads) on the aft wall of the seating area? No power cable on show.
b. A slim but secure mount for that to allow for swivel (not tilt) and where to go to get it fitted without Blu Tack, CopyDex or Velcro
c. We understand there is some safety netting in the rear overhead bin. Anybody managed to fit the two other bins on each side with same?
d. What are the dimensions of the sink base?
e. What are the dimensions of the wet room base (for a shower floor-liner)
f. We’re still searching for an alternative mattress but, until then, would a standard elasticated mattress cover and sheet work? If so, what would be best? King or SuperKing?
g. Has anybody fitted a skid-plate for the engine, differential and water tank.
h. Has anybody had a ceramic coating applied?
Many thanks for your time.
We are so excited, we are almost vibrating...

EF9BFB45-90E1-42FF-84C4-30D99BE47830.jpeg

Hi. Can’t help you with the TV and bracket but you don’t want anything wider than 450mm really or it will stick out past the control panel. An iPad or similar would be fine on the wall.
There’s safety netting in the middle at back as you say. To be honest I don’t think the others need it as they have deeper fronts.
Sink is 230x260mm. I haven’t found a bowl for it yet.
Haven’t got shower dimensions but trying to find a way to order from eicie website as they make the made to fit floors.
On the bed we use a king size mattress topper and a super king sheet and it works fine. I thought I’d want to change to the ixtend mattress but so far I don’t think I’ll bother.
Skid plates not done, ceramic coating had done.
I would recommend getting shelves out in the under bed lockers, they’re so tall it helps maximise the use.

Hi. Can’t help you with the TV and bracket but you don’t want anything wider than 450mm really or it will stick out past the control panel. An iPad or similar would be fine on the wall.
There’s safety netting in the middle at back as you say. To be honest I don’t think the others need it as they have deeper fronts.
Haven’t got shower dimensions but trying to find a way to order from eicie website as they make the made to fit floors.
On the bed we use a king size mattress topper and a super king sheet and it works fine. I thought I’d want to change to the ixtend mattress but so far I don’t think I’ll bother.
I would recommend getting shelves out in the under bed lockers, they’re so tall it helps maximise the use.
Thank you so much!
Ian

How dim do I feel now: having typed the post on the actual iPad that would so easily work?...

Harvey arrives on 25JUN and we would like to ask those of you who already own a GC680:
a. Any recommendations for a flat panel, high-def, Bluetooth monitor (we don’t watch tv, we just stream from iPads) on the aft wall of the seating area? No power cable on show.
b. A slim but secure mount for that to allow for swivel (not tilt) and where to go to get it fitted without Blu Tack, CopyDex or Velcro
c. We understand there is some safety netting in the rear overhead bin. Anybody managed to fit the two other bins on each side with same?
d. What are the dimensions of the sink base?
e. What are the dimensions of the wet room base (for a shower floor-liner)
f. We’re still searching for an alternative mattress but, until then, would a standard elasticated mattress cover and sheet work? If so, what would be best? King or SuperKing?
g. Has anybody fitted a skid-plate for the engine, differential and water tank.
h. Has anybody had a ceramic coating applied?
Many thanks for your time.
We are so excited, we are almost vibrating...

View attachment 78520
Hi we have placed an order for MAN tge 4x4 180 and specked it out with the optional extra engine /g box add blue and rear diff lock protection. It’s a very expensive option for what it is. Unless u r heading of road and have the Man 4x4 or VW 4 motion I don’t know if would bother.
regards
Sean

Hi we have placed an order for MAN tge 4x4 180 and specked it out with the optional extra engine /g box add blue and rear diff lock protection. It’s a very expensive option for what it is. Unless u r heading of road and have the Man 4x4 or VW 4 motion I don’t know if would bother.
regards
Sean
Thanks, Sean. It does have 4motion but not planning on off-road.

Thanks, Sean. It does have 4motion but not planning on off-road.
I watched a utube video once and they put a 4 motion vw with summer tyres up against a 2 wheel drive vw with winter tyres. The result was the 4 motion did do marginally better but the winter tyres on the 2 wheel drive were the real winners

Back