Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Forum search funtion how far does it go back....

H

Hotel California

Super Poster
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
When using the search function you get a list of treads .
I noticed it goes not further back then 2015-14 , so older treads are not searched....?
Or is there a max amount of pages , usualy it ends afther 10 pages?
Have things changed or i am doing things wrong?
Maybe it has always bees so but did not noticed:D

When you click on Page 10 of the Search Results , down the bottom of the page , in red print, you will see the link " Find older messages ". Click on that and you get another 10 pages of results and so on.:thumb

Screen Shot 2015-11-22 at 07.42.23.jpg

So if you type in "popular " words it only gives 10 pages max usualy means recent posts becose a popular word

If you type " less popular words " if gives indeed also older treads further back than 2015-14 but again no more than 10 pages

So is there a problem?

I don't think there is a problem. It just displays the first 196 posts, or 10 pages, that relate to your search term. Results 197-392 are hidden until you get to the link on page 10 of the displayed results.
So, depending on the Search Term, you might go back 1 month or 3 years in the first 10 pages shown.

Tkx for pointing that out Paul but i seem to miss out on that , does not show up .
Been doing some random tests , stops at 10 pages , it nevers says find older messages

Do you see the link on the bottom of Page 10. Click that and you get another 10 pages going back further and so on.

I've Searched on my posts and can get back to March 2014, which is when I started posting on the Forum.
About 11 x 10 pages of search results.

Afther 10 pages " find older messages" never shows up ...
I am using an Ipad could that be different then on a PC?

With less popular words i do get posts from 2014-13 but no more than 10 pages

It might be. I'm on an iMac computer. I'll check.

Afther 10 pages " find older messages" never shows up ...
I am using an Ipad could that be different then on a PC?

With less popular words i do get posts from 2014-13 but no more than 10 pages

Your right " Hotel California ". - Find older messages - does not appear on an iPad, only on my iMac.

Something to be brought to ADMIN's attention.

So indeed strange thing , tkx for the help Paul
Gonna leave it with this and hope the moderators have a answer

Screenshot as example
image.png

I posted a link to an older thread about privacy glass recently. I had to hunt for it but knew who had posted it. I found it through the profile link to postings then had to use the older threads link after 10 pages. That was using iPad.

There are several limitations when viewing the forum on an iPad, not only this forum but many others as well, that is why we recommend Tapatalk when using tablets or phones, it is now totally free.

Back