Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Found front windows open

Keith Smith

Keith Smith

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I parked in front of the house a couple of days ago and today went out to find both front windows wide open! Initially I thought it was just the drivers door window and I'd been an idiot and left it open, but then spotted the passenger window open too, so something was definitely wrong. After a bit of thinking and fiddling I've discovered that if the open button on the key is pressed for more than a couple of seconds it opens both windows. Now whoever thought this was a good idea needs their head examined IMHO, because the key was in my pocket and must have been pushed up against another key on my key ring thus letting me inadvertently open the windows from inside the house.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a way this feature can be disabled.

If you also carry your remote heater key in your pocket that too can be accidentally switched on.

Thanks, I'll have a chat with the service dept and see if they can switch it off.

I never have the Cali keys in my pocket. If I'm in the house the keys are locked away.
I find the window opening feature very useful, on hot days 50yds from the Cali press and hold the remote button, when you get in the most of the heat has gone, a very useful feature IMO.

The reverse is also available.

If you lock your van leaving the windows open, hold the lock button down and they will both close. If you had a VW car with a sun roof, that can also be closed via the lock fob.

Alan

Every day is a school day, thought I was going mad or something. Found both windows open this morning doors still locked, then found this thread. Can only suspect the key fob was squashed in my pocket, long enough to fully open the windows. The doors would of course then self lock, because they hadn't been opened.

MY18 Cali Ocean

• Agree
Reactions: Loz
It takes a quite long press to engage comfort opening but I don't think I would disable it. Its quite a usefull feature on a baking hot day (remember those!).
With keys in your pocket you'd be more likely to unlock the van by accident and that can't be disabled.
My wife managed this with her Kadjar and only noticed after 2 days :talktothehand

Back