Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

front windows open!

@HugoFar , if you unlock the doors using the remote and open no door within a certain periode it is is normal the verhicle closes back itself .

Funny, that's just what I said...but in different words. I'm guessing you missed the meaning of my message HC. Lost in translation perhaps?

You said "this is odd" i understood you found it "odd " meaning "strange" so i thought i explained this was meant to be "normal";)

H
You said "this is odd" i understood you found it "odd " meaning "strange" so i thought i explained this was meant to be "normal";)
HC, you are correct. I have/had the same feature on a Yeti and Scirocco. It is completely normal.

HC...Hopefully this time you'll understand the angle of my post... What is 'normal'? That doors relock if not opened after unlocking with remote. What is 'odd'? That doors are still found to be unlocked hours after being unlocked with remote but not opened. Two possibilities here; that doors were not locked to begin with, or, that the auto relock programme has some how been turned off. I do hope that clears up your misunderstanding of my post.

Having had this happen on previous T5s you've just reminded me to go out and disable the remote opening of the windows on our new T6. They are a pain, squash the key fob and the van unlocks and winds down the windows, auto re-lock locks the doors after 30 seconds but the windows stay open!

Coding of this and auto re-lock is a VCDS (or similar) function.

Rod
Just researching this issue. I’ve had maybe three occasions where I’ve come back to the van 6.1 ocean and, either the front passenger window is wide open or last week both windows driver and passenger half way open. I’m assuming it’s a key fob issue and Vw have booked it in to see if this can be deactivated? Thoughts welcome.

Just researching this issue. I’ve had maybe three occasions where I’ve come back to the van 6.1 ocean and, either the front passenger window is wide open or last week both windows driver and passenger half way open. I’m assuming it’s a key fob issue and Vw have booked it in to see if this can be deactivated? Thoughts welcome.
@dayslikethis you may find that there is an option on the head unit of a 6.1 to change the 'convenience opening'. There is on my MAN TGE / Crafter. It's in the Vehicle - Settings menu.

@dayslikethis you may find that there is an option on the head unit of a 6.1 to change the 'convenience opening'. There is on my MAN TGE / Crafter. It's in the Vehicle - Settings menu.
Thanks. Will check that out now

Back