Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

fridge switch...

alstevens

alstevens

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Have posted this on the beginners forum but thought I'd flag it up here in case it's an old thing and there is some expertise hiding in this section ! :-

Hi folks, fourth time out and the fridge would not switch on - get to the display - press the fridge on section - it switches on momentarily then immediately returns to the switch off tick ??? Is it me , or is it the switch or....???

Check the battery state,

If it is low then the fridge will switch on, then quickly off.

Thanks Jen - I'll plug in the mains and see if that helps- In the back section above where the gas / water stuff is there are a couple of switches - on/off - which look like some kind of fuse - I noticed that they were off when I got the van and so just switched them to on ... are they anything to do with the batteries etc ??????

Have now worked out the switches - just the on and off for the hook up. Even with the hook up in the fridge keeps switching to off though ???

Al, does it do the same thing if you use the "fridge switch" - Top Right (I think... I'm away from the van) rather than going through the menu?

It should change colour and stay that way.

Mark

nope- just displays the temperature setting and remains off - check the menu and still 'switch off'..

Press the fridge button, set the temperature then press the centre of the control button to set it to on...

Worth a try...

When you press the fridge button it should display the temperature selection.

Make the selection using knob.

Press knob to select.

Hooked up, have you got the plug symbol displayed bottom right?

Let it charge up for a while on hook up and then try it. As far as I know the fridge runs off the leisure batteries (ie12v) all the time even on hookup so if the batteries are low then it could take a while to get enough into them to start the fridge.
Have you tried the diesel heater? If that won't start either then it looks like low battery voltage.

Thanks for the suggestions folks - nothing seems to make any difference so have booked in for a diagnostic - though have to wait as couple of weeks for a slot - looks like warm wine and curdled milk for a while -

al

Have posted this on the beginners forum but thought I'd flag it up here in case it's an old thing and there is some expertise hiding in this section ! :-
Hi Al, not sure, but I think the regulars probably just go to "Recent Posts"; so your query should be picked up wherever you post it. - Colin

Try and reset the roof display

The Control Panel for roof/fridge & heater.