Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fridge

D

DebsWhite

VIP Member
Can anyone tell me whether the Waeco CF 25 will fit between the two front seats in the Beach? It's looking pretty tight to me, but wondered if anyone had the definitive answer?

Not if you have a handbrake. Possibly with an automatic gearbox. Some people manage to install the CF-16 between the seats but even then using the handbrake is a pain.

I've been weighing up the CDF-16, 18 and 25 to go behind the passenger seat but can't decide on which to go for. Capacity is important but the external size varies a lot and I'm concerned about it getting in the way. Be interested to hear any experiences / recommendations.
Also wondered whether they can be secured I position using the floor rails?
This place appears to be the cheapest that I can find online for the 18 and 25 at least..http://www.marinesuperstore.com/posit/shop/index.php?category=41&group=5

Last edited:
From the makers websit. See below for UK.

image.jpg

Hi Mollen
Did you get your isotherm TB18 from Baily

Terry

I put a few pics of the CF25 and CF18 together when we tried them for size in our beach. Pics in this thread if that's helpful.

http://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/blackberry-beach-ordered-today-need-fridge-advice.6833/

We went for the CF25 and glad that we didn't get anything smaller. We do find it carries the essentials but we have to shop every couple of days to keep stocked as we can't carry as much as we'd like but it's worth the compromise and a good excuse to shop fresh and local. We had a bigger 40L 12v cooler initially which was a great capacity but just so cumbersome and took up too much space.

The location of the cf25 behind the handbrake, next to our pod works well as we can access it enroute to throw snacks to the children or get a cold drink out, still climb over it to get in the back and it doesn't get in the way or need moving when the lower bed is out.

No terry,,

I purchased mine from a boat shop in sweden.
I just posted that link to show they where available in the UK.

//M

I put a few pics of the CF25 and CF18 together when we tried them for size in our beach. Pics in this thread if that's helpful.

http://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/blackberry-beach-ordered-today-need-fridge-advice.6833/

We went for the CF25 and glad that we didn't get anything smaller. We do find it carries the essentials but we have to shop every couple of days to keep stocked as we can't carry as much as we'd like but it's worth the compromise and a good excuse to shop fresh and local. We had a bigger 40L 12v cooler initially which was a great capacity but just so cumbersome and took up too much space.

The location of the cf25 behind the handbrake, next to our pod works well as we can access it enroute to throw snacks to the children or get a cold drink out, still climb over it to get in the back and it doesn't get in the way or need moving when the lower bed is out.
Hi cleve..

Great information. Just wondering how you secure the CF25? I may go for this or the CF18..

I got the isotherm TB 40 L it fits behind the passenger seat & storage box with ease, the hight is the same as the storage box, it is just brilliant.
I ordered mine from Hartlepool Marine, local to me.
It took 4 weeks from order due to no 40 L fridges in the uk, but worth waiting for.
first time we used it it froze the milk, (beer was fine) the quality is first class, 2 power modes high on electric hook up / Eco when free camping, it has a cut out system so the fridge cuts out to leave you power in the batteries to start the van

luv it

Hi cleve..

Great information. Just wondering how you secure the CF25? I may go for this or the CF18..
We don't secure the waeco at all. We found as long as it sits between the rails it doesn't slide about on the floor. We keep ours alongside the pod in line with the handbrake. If we rotate it 90 degrees it does slide about because of the slight raised level of the seat rails. If we have had it in this position (e..g when additional captains seat fitted) we just put some of the non slip matting underneath and that seems to work.

Personally I wouldn't go any smaller than the CF 25 as we can get essentials in and enough for about 2 meals at a stretch but that's it. We feel we have to shop pretty regularly and do things like anticipate what we will use and count out tomatoes into a little sandwich bag so we don't pack more than we need!!

We don't secure the waeco at all. We found as long as it sits between the rails it doesn't slide about on the floor. We keep ours alongside the pod in line with the handbrake. If we rotate it 90 degrees it does slide about because of the slight raised level of the seat rails. If we have had it in this position (e..g when additional captains seat fitted) we just put some of the non slip matting underneath and that seems to work.

Personally I wouldn't go any smaller than the CF 25 as we can get essentials in and enough for about 2 meals at a stretch but that's it. We feel we have to shop pretty regularly and do things like anticipate what we will use and count out tomatoes into a little sandwich bag so we don't pack more than we need!!
Many thanks Cleve...
I understand that the 18 may be little small and it seems the 25 a more suitable size. I also believe you can purchase some fixings that fit into the seat rails to use as tie off points. From all the posts on the forum referring to fridges I like the waeco models.

Can anyone tell me what is the largest capacity compressor fridge that will physically fit between the two front seats - its seems the TB18 at 23.5cm wide is the best option with 18lt capacity. Can anyone confirm if the Waeco CDF25 at 26cm will squeeze in the gap ?. Thanks

Can anyone tell me what is the largest capacity compressor fridge that will physically fit between the two front seats - its seems the TB18 at 23.5cm wide is the best option with 18lt capacity. Can anyone confirm if the Waeco CDF25 at 26cm will squeeze in the gap ?. Thanks
Hi Tim.. in the forum beach fridge username joseph. Joseph posted a photo of his waeco cdf 11 between the front seats. I think I'm correct with this?!
I've been wondering too. Prob go for waeco 25..

Anything wrong with the vw own cool/warm box that is on the optional extras? Can it be fasten down or is it free standing? Seems like waeco are favoured by most!

CF 18 looks interesting but does it run off 240 when on hookup. Looks from the pics as though it only has one lead, i.e. only 12v????

We are still very happy with our cheapo lidl coolbox which fits in the Beach 2 seated between the side storage box and the front seat. We have the multiplex board at the back and the box as far to the back of the van as possible and then the coolbox is held neatly in place by the front lip of the storage box if you see what I mean.

Whenever we're on a site on hookup we have it outside so you don't hear the fan, either under the awning or in the drive away awning. If we aren't on hookup then we'll just turn it off for the night. Seems to keep things cool enough like this.

CF25 won't fit with the handbrake unfortunately.

Anything wrong with the vw own cool/warm box that is on the optional extras? Can it be fasten down or is it free standing? Seems like waeco are favoured by most!
I may be wrong but think the VW one is just a 12v cooler not a compressor fridge so will rapidly drain your battery in which case you may as well go for a cheaper one from halfords or simlar! It can be secured into the rails too I think.

CF 18 looks interesting but does it run off 240 when on hookup. Looks from the pics as though it only has one lead, i.e. only 12v????

We are still very happy with our cheapo lidl coolbox which fits in the Beach 2 seated between the side storage box and the front seat. We have the multiplex board at the back and the box as far to the back of the van as possible and then the coolbox is held neatly in place by the front lip of the storage box if you see what I mean.

Whenever we're on a site on hookup we have it outside so you don't hear the fan, either under the awning or in the drive away awning. If we aren't on hookup then we'll just turn it off for the night. Seems to keep things cool enough like this.

Our waeco only came with a 12v cable which is really all we need. Occasionally when we have run it in the house/awning we have used a 12v to mains adapter which we got from go outdoors. It is so quiet though compared to our old 12v cooler it usually stays in the cali and is so efficient I rarely hear it kick in at night even with the heating on and I sleep with my head right next to it!

Ours usually runs from 12v socket in the cali as we have ehu to charge our leisure battey when on mains so no need for the extra cable.

Back