Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 Front sensor activation?

Well, I do venture up that way, but then, I'm a Mackem (just).

I do want to spend some time again at the DLI and Newbiggin I love so you might just see me venture North of the Tyne.

Mike,
why would you need to deactivate the Stop/Start? If you are manoeuvring then you are not going to be in neutral with the clutch out and the brake depressed, therefore Stop/Start should not activate, ever!

Or is this something with the DSG? :Nailbiting
I have a T6 DSG and the stop start is an absolute pain and the first thing I do after starting the engine is to turn it off. Not sure if mine is faulty but it stops the engine when giving way at junctions, parking, approaching roundabouts. It seems to switch the engine off if I stop and brake above a certain set level (or brake as I'm stopping) but it does so instantly, rather than after a couple of seconds delay. Frustratingly when queuing in traffic, when I want it to work and have turned it on, it often doesn't, even with the engine warm.

I have a T6 DSG and the stop start is an absolute pain and the first thing I do after starting the engine is to turn it off. Not sure if mine is faulty but it stops the engine when giving way at junctions, parking, approaching roundabouts. It seems to switch the engine off if I stop and brake above a certain set level (or brake as I'm stopping) but it does so instantly, rather than after a couple of seconds delay. Frustratingly when queuing in traffic, when I want it to work and have turned it on, it often doesn't, even with the engine warm.
If you feather the brake and can pause without too much brake pressure it wont cut in..

I thought that there would be a difference between the manual and the DSG but wasn't sure exactly how. It's true what Loz said, even on the manual, if the braking is gradual of feathered, it doesn't seem to cut in.

The stop part of the stop / start on the T6 kicks in if you brake and go below 3-4mph so the engine cuts out when the vehicle is still moving. This took me a while to get used to as it is not the same in older VWs. Dealer confirmed this is not a fault and it is how the system is supposed to work.

The stop part of the stop / start on the T6 kicks in if you brake and go below 3-4mph so the engine cuts out when the vehicle is still moving. This took me a while to get used to as it is not the same in older VWs. Dealer confirmed this is not a fault and it is how the system is supposed to work.
Yes, I was told the Stop/Start was different on the T6 compared with the T5.

On mine, as has been stated, feather the brake to a stop and it doesn't engage. Press more firmly and Stop engages. Lift foot slightly and it restarts. This is on a DSG.

Yes, I was told the Stop/Start was different on the T6 compared with the T5.

On mine, as has been stated, feather the brake to a stop and it doesn't engage. Press more firmly and Stop engages. Lift foot slightly and it restarts. This is on a DSG.

WG, what you and Loz have suggested describes the operation of my T6 DSG. Gently on the brake and stop start doesn't kick in.

Back