Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Frozen Door Handle Nov 22 Cali

• Thread starter johnosborne1970
  • Start date
J

johnosborne1970

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
I own a Nov 2022 Ocean 6.1. I have a persistent problem of a frozen driver's door handle. I have to enter the van via the sliding door instead. Took to VW in Jan and they did something (not entirely sure what) and today at only -3 it is completely stuck again. My guess is that it's a post-recall vehicle (I think there was a recall last July for cables). Really frustrating. Anyone else with a new 6.1 got this issue.? It seems they can't fix it. Can anyone recommend any lubricant and if so where exactly to squirt it (eg in the exterior handle when it pulls out)? Thanks!

I own a Nov 2022 Ocean 6.1. I have a persistent problem of a frozen driver's door handle. I have to enter the van via the sliding door instead. Took to VW in Jan and they did something (not entirely sure what) and today at only -3 it is completely stuck again. My guess is that it's a post-recall vehicle (I think there was a recall last July for cables). Really frustrating. Anyone else with a new 6.1 got this issue.? It seems they can't fix it. Can anyone recommend any lubricant and if so where exactly to squirt it (eg in the exterior handle when it pulls out)? Thanks!
We have a MY22 Ocean, but haven’t had this recall, and it’s been in for a service etc. I’d ask you local dealer regard lube - you could easily select the wrong type that could make it worse (eg WD40 not great on locks).

Back