Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fuel Flap nor flush

A

aileron346

VIP Member
Can anyone help me with a bit of advice about my fuel flap please? It doesn't sit flush...instead being about 5mm open at the front. You can push it flush but then it gently pops out again.

Otherwise it looks OK. There's nothing missing...the little black catch is present. The little spring on the hinge is present. The flap isn't deformed or damaged. But it certainly sits differently in the closed position compared to other T5s. There's nothing on the door itself (is there normally something there that adds pressure?)

I could put something on the black catch to increase it's size, or a little rubber piece on the passenger door to add pressure to the black catch. But maybe replacing the spring at the hinge would do it?

I'd like to sort this...might save a £1 a year on fuel being more aerodynamic! But really I just want it to look better.

Anyone had this before or any ideas? Thanks

I had the same.

I believe it's quite common as people getting out of the passenger seat can catch the black tab and slightly bend the fuel flap. Certainly mine was flush when I got it and wasn't some time later! I have also noticed the fuel flap open in the past when coming back to the van - again suggesting that it got caught when someone got out of the van.

I fixed mine by gently bending it back. I put something like a rolled up rag or fingers in the way by the hinge whilst open and pushed it like I'm shutting it. It pushed the hinge arrangement back into shape and it then shut flush with the bodywork.

Back