Flappy fuel filler flap ! (T6)

2into1

2into1

Née T4WFA. Now running 2006 LHD T5 SE 130 Manual
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
My van is going in tomorrow for sliding door work but whilst it is there I want them to look at the fuel filler flap, which sticks out proud by about 4mm and doesn't appear to be closing properly against the pull of the spring. It's not a lot I know (and very 1st world problem), but not very great on a newish van.
If you push it, it closes up nice and flush, but releases out as soon as you let go.

Anyone else had / got this problem?

My van is going in tomorrow for sliding door work but whilst it is there I want them to look at the fuel filler flap, which sticks out proud by about 4mm and doesn't appear to be closing properly against the pull of the spring. It's not a lot I know (and very 1st world problem), but not very great on a newish van.
If you push it, it closes up nice and flush, but releases out as soon as you let go.

Anyone else had / got this problem?

I had it. It took someone at SMG about 10 seconds to relocate the spring. Was fine ever after.

Thanks @GrannyJen. Hopefully all done tomorrow then.

I also have this problem. I’ve bought and fitted a new spring but that didn’t fix it. I’m not convinced there was anything wrong with the original spring actually.

I suspect it’s quite a simple thing to sort and would rather fix it myself rather than take it to a garage.

Can anyone shed some light on what causes this problem please?

Thanks

Back