motacyclist

motacyclist

Colin
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Anyone know where to find it?

My son’s T4 102tdi 2001 showing faults which indicate this fuse may be the source ... thanks.

What’s the fault? A quick search on Google suggests the fuse you’re after is mounted in a black box near the battery.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The van is underpowered and Vag-Com is showing several fault codes. There is no voltage to the sensors that S117 covers. There are 3 green fuses in that black box near the battery, unlabelled but they looked OK. So S117 may be somewhere else, we've Googled but no luck :(

IMG_2486.jpg

Have you checked the fuse integrity with a multimeter? They can look right but still be faulty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good point. I asked him and he said "they looked all right"! The youth of today! :D

I think it’s at the top of the fuse box above the relays there are 2 15amp fuses I can confirm when I get to work in the morning

I can confirm fuse s117 is at the top of the fuse box above the relays along with fuse s102. This fuse is fed by the terminal 30 power supply relay j317 in position 3 of the relay plate. Hope that helps.

I can confirm fuse s117 is at the top of the fuse box above the relays along with fuse s102. This fuse is fed by the terminal 30 power supply relay j317 in position 3 of the relay plate. Hope that helps.
That’s absolutely brilliant, I’ll pass the info on and see how we get on. :thumb

Many thanks :thanks

Turns out that 117 was actually missing! It's not unusual to see empty fuse holders so he thought nothing of it ... anyway, he replaced the fuse and the faults went.

He just road tested it and said it goes like stink! :D

Tomorrow it's going in the Clutch & Gearbox Centre as it has a leak from the clutch slave cylinder, which unfortunately is inside the bell housing. So while it's in the clutch and maybe DM flywheel can be replaced. Then he can go camping!

Back