Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

GAS Hob Burners dometic mo9122 Yellow tipped flames

Little owl1963

Little owl1963

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
My Cali t6.1 runs on butane gas , but iv noticed the burner flames are blue at base and yellow upper flame , surely this is not normal ???
But iv read that butane gas should burn this way ?? could other owners with butane confirm the bottom of flame is blue and the upper half is yellow ??

Another issue is the butane gas burns very hot , so hot that even on low it boils things far too fierce.
Only idea iv thought of is to the raise the pan supports higher by an inch or two ??
Any ideas to resolve this ?? i was thinking of putting some spacers , possibly 8 or 10 mm micro bore copper tube were the pan support locations push down , but would like other suggestions others have tried ??

Also iv read the air intake on hob can cause issues if blocked , anyone no were the air intake hole is on the hob ??

Furthermore if i do need to get to the parts underneath the hob , it looks very awkward to access .

Lastly iv read butane gas if temp goes below 5 degrees it struggles to work ??
So if i plan to go in winter , any suggestion's to insulate the gas bottle at rear , was thinking of some Rockwool around it .??
Has anyone in winter had the butane bottle fail to work burners in below 5 degree temperatures be interesting ??

Use propane or propane/butane mix at lower temperatures

I'm so frustrated with useless gas hob , considering sledge hammer action on it.
Totally useless cooking food on low to medium heat
Only good for boiling things ,so OK boiling a kettle , THATS IT. ONLY BOILING THINGS .

My Cali t6.1 runs on butane gas , but iv noticed the burner flames are blue at base and yellow upper flame , surely this is not normal ???
But iv read that butane gas should burn this way ?? could other owners with butane confirm the bottom of flame is blue and the upper half is yellow ??

Another issue is the butane gas burns very hot , so hot that even on low it boils things far too fierce.
Only idea iv thought of is to the raise the pan supports higher by an inch or two ??
Any ideas to resolve this ?? i was thinking of putting some spacers , possibly 8 or 10 mm micro bore copper tube were the pan support locations push down , but would like other suggestions others have tried ??

Also iv read the air intake on hob can cause issues if blocked , anyone no were the air intake hole is on the hob ??

Furthermore if i do need to get to the parts underneath the hob , it looks very awkward to access .

Lastly iv read butane gas if temp goes below 5 degrees it struggles to work ??
So if i plan to go in winter , any suggestion's to insulate the gas bottle at rear , was thinking of some Rockwool around it .??
Has anyone in winter had the butane bottle fail to work burners in below 5 degree temperatures be interesting ??
gas bottle is already insulated by surrounding water tank. Used gas and water at -5°C ambient without problem. You are repeating yourself, you come up with exactly the same questions and complaints as in November 2022. How did you survive the winters of 2022 and 2023?

Last edited:
You seem to have three concurrent threads on the go all making the same points. :headbang