Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Gas Regulator

I can’t fit the black screw safety lid because the regular (that came with the Cali) is too tall. Should I change the regulator or is there another way to get it to fit in properly?

I can’t fit the black screw safety lid because the regular (that came with the Cali) is too tall. Should I change the regulator or is there another way to get it to fit in properly?

It should fit in the saftey tank and the lid must be closed to make sure no gassmels go in the livingarea.
Is the valve mounted correct ? It needs to be as flat as possible against the bottle or maybe it is not the correct valve that you use.

It should fit in the saftey tank and the lid must be closed to make sure no gassmels go in the livingarea.
Is the valve mounted correct ? It needs to be as flat as possible against the bottle or maybe it is not the correct valve that you use.
Understand all of that but regardless, it won’t fit & allow the lid on. Here’s a pic of the regulator...

ABC6DCE2-7AD1-4E6A-8EDB-9BC99F1E7556.jpeg

No unfortunately there doesn't seem like any adjustments that can be made. Its the black turn wheel at the top that's preventing the lid going on. Does the set up seem like the correct one?

NDoes the set up seem like the correct one?
It looks pretty much identical to the one in the post I linked to above. As @ArunAlec says, you need to angle the regulator down. The only way the black knob could obstruct the lid would be that the cylinder is not touching the bottom of its compartment.

No unfortunately there doesn't seem like any adjustments that can be made. Its the black turn wheel at the top that's preventing the lid going on. Does the set up seem like the correct one?
Are you sure it's the black valve that's the problem? The silver nut that joins the regulator to the brass valve, if slackened, should allow the regulator to be angled, then retightened. Not over tightened.

Have you stood your gaz bottle on something

I can only confirm the above , everything looks as it supposed to .
Is there nothing under the botlle , it sits thight on the bottom?
Angel the valve downwarts and the lid should close.

Thank you WG!
@Declan Foley
I had to angle it down to avoid the black lid and it's a bit hit and miss.

Ok ok ok, you're all right and I'm feeling very, very silly indeed.
It was the regulator's fault. I thought I had tried everything and that there was no adjustment but I was mistaken. I was also convinced that the problem was the black turn wheel but it wasn't the case either.
I've done the necessary angles and adjustments the black lid now fits perfectly.
THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH.
Now that this is done, it makes me feel a lot better and safer now that it's resolved.
(what a load of gas)

No need to feel silly , it's better to be safe than sorry ....afther all we are talking gas here , i can understand not everyone likes to fidlle arround with those things and asks for help.

We had the very low pressure problem so I read through the thread on this forum and ordered a new regulator from the club shop. Fitted it today and yeah, we can put away the wee spare single burner. Thank you to everyone who passes on their wisdom here.

Low pressure no pressure solved

Just wanted to add for future searches. Had first one burner hard to light, then low pressure...thought it was the bottle so swapped it out...still low pressure but now both burners worked then nothing. Replaced the regulator and boom it all works...for the record... had the van 3 years...always left the bottle on...not making any claims that this is the reason for the fault...just saying...Be well all

T5 regulatorGas-Regulator.jpg

Or, you could do this, put a snap connector in the line and use a standard regulator from any UK camping/caravan shop for a few quid. Just make sure it's the same pressure as the Cali one.
Makes it easier to get the bottle in/out as well.
View attachment 4345
Hi Briwy, just looking at this old thread as I've got a problem with my regulator. I'm wondering if the lid fitted correctly with this set up? Looks to be a great solution and thinking of doing something similar. Thanks

Hi Briwy, just looking at this old thread as I've got a problem with my regulator. I'm wondering if the lid fitted correctly with this set up? Looks to be a great solution and thinking of doing something similar. Thanks
That's what I have had for the past 8 yrs. I used a Campingaz 907 regulator made by Calor with an integral Stop tap. Lid closes easily.

That's what I have had for the past 8 yrs. I used a Campingaz 907 regulator made by Calor with an integral Stop tap. Lid closes easily.
Thanks for that, I think I'll give it a go!

Thanks, that's now on my to do list....

Just as a follow up, I've now fitted the regulator and in-line quick disconnection and I'm really happy ( a quick and easy job), also changing the bottle will be so much easier and quicker. It also means that if I ever have problems with the regulator I can can change it cheaply, easily and most importantly from any camping shop.