Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Gas tank connection on the outside

D

Dan B

Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Hi, I have recently bought a 1991 T4 California Westfalia which has the connection for the cooking gas on the outside just underneath the bodywork. I have looked all over the internet but cannot find others with this. Was it an original feature or a modification made later?

I also have not found the right connectors to make it work. Any ideas where I might get these?

Thanks

Dan

Hi Dan and welcome.

I'm not aware of any standard external gas plumbing.

Is there normal internal connections for the cooker unit Teed off?

Are you talking about the bottle being outside feeding in or a connection to feed gas out from within?

It's been discussed several times here as an option.

Photos?

P.

Saw a van that had this setup when I was looking to buy... The previous owner had done it to gain more space inside the van. As its not a standard fit, should be possible to reverse it if you wanted to (with the right parts - the one i saw, the previous owner had kept the parts to do so...)

The connection allows the gas tank to be kept outside the van and it feeds gas into the normal stove inside. There is no obvious tee-off or modification which is why I was wondering if it was an original feature.

I am not unhappy with the configuration. Just needing to find the right connections to make it work.

Thanks for your help. Dan

If you're replacing the internal gas service then you'll need the aluminium gas tight enclosure for the bottle.

Is it an LPG tank? I have one fitted outside, under the bodywork, below the cooker. This is the connection with the cover removedLpg_connection.jpg

Back