Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

GB stickers no longer valid

Really annoyed, I bought GB stickers for the number plate,not applied so a complete waste.
Our GB sticker is on the wardrobe so I guess I will have to replace that with UK too.
Mind you, I will wait to see if it changes again as I'm not going to the EU for sometime yet....

It’s because we had to drop the GB as we’re no longer great and Belgium already had just B bagged. Nice to feel annexed to the Ukraine though. ;)
Yup, we're headed that way. No fuel queues in Kyiv though, so some way to go yet.

I’m not bothering and will rely on the GB/EU identifier on the number plate. I honestly think people are not bothered by such trivia and in the extraordinarily unlikely event of being challenged abroad, I’ll see if I can explain. To be honest the whole UK/Union flag thing is a silly gesture.

When they first introduced the blue strip on the side of numberplates, it was just decorative and you still needed the oval country sticker even inside the EU.
The Italian police had a field day with charging German tourists around €50 a piece for not displaying the separate D sticker.

I’m not bothering and will rely on the GB/EU identifier on the number plate. I honestly think people are not bothered by such trivia and in the extraordinarily unlikely event of being challenged abroad, I’ll see if I can explain. To be honest the whole UK/Union flag thing is a silly gesture.
It will be an excuse for Gendarmes to stop you and fine you, my mate who lives in France and UK gets stopped constantly for trivia like this, they are often looking for this sort of thing as you exit the port.
It's so easy to avoid.

It will be an excuse for Gendarmes to stop you and fine you, my mate who lives in France and UK gets stopped constantly for trivia like this, they are often looking for this sort of thing as you exit the port.
It's so easy to avoid.
Exactly. For A couple of quid why put yourself on the spot and possibly get a fine. How do you explain to French plod that it’s only trivial.

Take plenty of Euros then.
All they need is an excuse to stop you, then they’ll check everything else is present and correct.
Yellow vests, spare bulbs etc, etc.

you'll get away with it 9 times in 10 and then they'll be doing a crackdown on yellow vest, gb stickers, first aid kits or whatever
We had a tyre blow out on my bike a few years ago on a motorway in France. Mr Plod stopped in his car never asked for any documents just made a call to his mate in the Motorway breakdown service then said bye bye. Didn’t even wait around for the guy to arrive. Thank goodness we had full breakdown cover otherwise we would have had a massive bill to pay.

We had a tyre blow out on my bike a few years ago on a motorway in France. Mr Plod stopped in his car never asked for any documents just made a call to his mate in the Motorway breakdown service then said bye bye. Didn’t even wait around for the guy to arrive. Thank goodness we had full breakdown cover otherwise we would have had a massive bill to pay.
Motorbike blowout on the m-way? Ouch. The hard shoulders aren't the widest either

Currently in France and proudly displaying my Ecosse sticker as it generally wins brownie points with the locals. Haven’t displayed a GB plate in over forty years of travelling over here. I was aware of the new UK plate before crossing over in early September and out of interest asked in Halfords if they had one. Drew blank looks in store, plus, the onboard shop on the ferry didn’t have them either. May take a while for people both sides of the channel to become aware of this.

How do you explain to French plod that it’s only trivial.
Ce n'est qu'une question insignifiante, monsieur.

or you could try -

C'est juste un détail mineur monsieur, je viens de
Grande Bretagne.
Bonne chance ! :thumb

Currently in France and proudly displaying my Ecosse sticker as it generally wins brownie points with the locals. Haven’t displayed a GB plate in over forty years of travelling over here. I was aware of the new UK plate before crossing over in early September and out of interest asked in Halfords if they had one. Drew blank looks in store, plus, the onboard shop on the ferry didn’t have them either. May take a while for people both sides of the channel to become aware of this.

Think I read somewhere that The AA had half a million of the OLD GB stickers in stock. Wonder how many Halfords are sitting on…. Some poor Buyer probably thought ‘best make sure we’ve got these in stock for when people can travel again” maybe they can sell them as auto-nostalgia coasters.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Think I read somewhere that The AA had half a million of the OLD GB stickers in stock. Wonder how many Halfords are sitting on…. Some poor Buyer probably thought ‘best make sure we’ve got these in stock for when people can travel again” maybe they can sell them as auto-nostalgia coasters.

Or sell them to the Labour Party as ‘Get Borris’ stickers.

I was going to say, the OP's link says 50,000, did nobody bother to read it?
Then I realised you *are* the OP and you didn't bother to read it...

I was going to say, the OP's link says 50,000, did nobody bother to read it?
Then I realised you *are* the OP and you didn't bother to read it...

Well. It was a few days ago now, I reset on Friday nights . Sorry.

Seeing as the U.K. requirement was announced back in July 2021, it certainly seems some are a bit slow on the uptake.

Agreed stupid costs for no real reason. I think I will leave my GB sticker on just to state my annoyance. Typical of the EU rules.
Not EU rules at all: I think you’ll find that any country will require a vehicle to display the correct UN country code of origin. The UK government wanted the code changed from GB to UK so we have to abide by it or face the consequences.

Not EU rules at all: I think you’ll find that any country will require a vehicle to display the correct UN country code of origin. The UK government wanted the code changed from GB to UK so we have to abide by it or face the consequences.
Exactly this, like many other things it is a choice our country has made, no point in blaming others.