Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

G'Day from way down under

Tazzy_t6

Tazzy_t6

Vehicle
N/A
G'day,
My name is Randall and I'm from Tasmania, an island off the south of Australia.
My T6 is not a California, that model is not available here. It is a Multivan 4Motion.
I need the 7 set layout for transporting family and their friends, but I am also setting part of it up as an expedition vehicle, with a fridge and cooking facilities.
I stumbled across this forum when looking for information about electrics and have found lots of relevant information that relates to my vehicle.
I aspire to take my van beyond Australia one day, so who knows where it may turn up.
See you on the road.
MV_side.jpg

G'day,
My name is Randall and I'm from Tasmania, an island off the south of Australia.
My T6 is not a California, that model is not available here. It is a Multivan 4Motion.
I need the 7 set layout for transporting family and their friends, but I am also setting part of it up as an expedition vehicle, with a fridge and cooking facilities.
I stumbled across this forum when looking for information about electrics and have found lots of relevant information that relates to my vehicle.
I aspire to take my van beyond Australia one day, so who knows where it may turn up.
See you on the road.
View attachment 28888
:welcome:welcome:welcome:welcome
Visiting Sydney at present but my California is having a rest at Heathrow awaiting my return.
Is Solar Power on the list for your conversion?

A solar panel is something I will definitely install. I haven't yet decided whether to install the panel on the front of the rack or on top of a possible roof top tent. I have already installed the batteries and regulator/charger in the rear space of the vehicle.

A solar panel is something I will definitely install. I haven't yet decided whether to install the panel on the front of the rack or on top of a possible roof top tent. I have already installed the batteries and regulator/charger in the rear space of the vehicle.
Just an idea. I have noticed that those members with a Beach, similar to your vehicle, when travelling do not have much view out of the rear side windows when packed up.
A solar panel, hinged to the rear side of the roof rack and clipped over the rear side window when travelling and then supported in a horizontal position when camped up would provide power when travelling and camping without intruding on the roof rack space / roof tent. You could have this arrangement on both sides.

Welcome to the forum. Best of luck with your conversion plans.

Welcome from me.
Spent 6 months in Taz in 1977.
From launceston to Hobart

Back