Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Germany - Switzerland Road Trip - Summer 2023

Loz2286

Loz2286

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Having been away for the beginning of June I thought it about time that I put up a little thread on our adventures.

I'm fortunate to have a number of relatives scattered over Europe, so this always forms a good basis for trips, often staying at the less obvious areas, which are nonetheless interesting and beautiful too.

We travelled via Eurotunnel, for no other reason other than I'd never done the crossing in a vehicle. Our first night en route to Germany was in the Ardennes, a simple site, Camping Ardinam, lovely local village. We travelled after that to Karlsruhe, in Baden-Wurttenberg, to see my relatives. We stayed at Camping Durlach, on the edge of the city. I was quite noisy there, due to the proximity of a main road and a school, but the site was well appointed. The site was 10 minutes walk from the end of the tram system into the City.

View attachment IMG_0349.JPG
Karlsruhe is an interesting city, only just 300 years old, mainly an industrial centre but at the very northern edge of the Black Forest.

View attachment IMG_0360.JPG

Durlach Tower is an interesting visit, giving a view of the city.
View attachment IMG_0363.JPG

View attachment IMG_0404.JPG

The open top bus trip is good value. Love the warning sign on the bus!

View attachment IMG_0389.JPG

We spent three days in Karlsruhe split between doing the tourist thing and family visits. Lovely.

Off to Switzerland to visit another branch of the Loz clan. We stayed at Camping Guntlenau on Klontalersee, Glarus. Not normally on the tourist route but stunning nonetheless.

View attachment IMG_0462.JPG

View attachment IMG_0459.JPG

View attachment IMG_0452.JPG

Three days spent by the lake, fishing, walking and even swimming. Open fire beach-side BBQ and drinking great local beer with my cousin. What a place! Stunning, peaceful, and so so clean!

View attachment IMG_0489.JPG

Drove the scenic route to Lauterbrunnen, via the Klausen Pass, between Glarus and Uri.

Our final tourist destination, just us this time, no family. Never been to Lauterbrunnen before. I'll let the pictures talk for themselves.

Just WOW!

Planning the next Euro trip for next year, though I'm trying to persuade Mrs Loz to go for a sneaky winter trip somewhere interesting.

View attachment IMG_0514.JPG

View attachment IMG_0579.JPG

View attachment IMG_0582.JPG

View attachment IMG_0570.JPG

View attachment IMG_0594.JPG

View attachment IMG_0631.JPG

View attachment IMG_0648.JPG

View attachment IMG_0654.JPG

View attachment IMG_0652.JPG

View attachment IMG_0635.JPG

Looks amazing, I’m heading to Switzerland for 2 weeks and France for a week shortly.
Exited is an understatement !!

Looks amazing, I’m heading to Switzerland for 2 weeks and France for a week shortly.
Exited is an understatement !!
You won't regret it. Stunning country, pricey but worth every penny. Can be busy in the summer in the touristy areas but get a map and try something off the beaten path.