Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Getting Ready to Swap-Out Roof Sensors

Try these

Giving a 2 day delivery time slot.

I have 1 spare, unused in the packet. If you want it I could sell it to you at original cost ( £18, plus your preferred postage cost) via eBay… ?

I have 1 spare, unused in the packet. If you want it I could sell it to you at original cost ( £18, plus your preferred postage cost) via eBay… ?
Thank you so much, really appreciated. If I manage to find another 3 then we will be good to go, I’ll keep you updated :)

Hi mikebravo, just received positive news from my supplier that my 4 sensors arrived in the UK and just handed over to Royal Mail. Thanks again for your very kind offer, looks like my problem will be solved.

Mike - I ended up getting it done by a local auto electrician In Bathgate (PLA Automotive) who appreciated the ‘how to‘ from Lambeth Cali - thanks for that. As far as I can tell they’ve done the job well and replaced all 4 sensors with BMW parts, but it cost me £1250. It was supposed to be about £1000 but they ran into problems with one of the hydraulic hoses on the last one or two sensors. Nearly £300 cheaper than the VW quote but I’m not sure there was a guarantee to do it for that price or if that was an initial estimate.
Were you in the same ball park with what you were charged Aztec Camper?
Hi Mike..I was thinking in giving PLA Auto a call as i think I have the 1000 error code sensor fault. My roof is stuck down.was your roof stuck down when PLA fixed it. Are you still happy with the repair.

Hi Mike..I was thinking in giving PLA Auto a call as i think I have the 1000 error code sensor fault. My roof is stuck down.was your roof stuck down when PLA fixed it. Are you still happy with the repair.
Hi Rab. It was stuck down. I’ve had the roof up and down quite a number of times since the repair and all seems fine so far.

Hi Rab. It was stuck down. I’ve had the roof up and down quite a number of times since the repair and all seems fine so far.
Ok Mike thanks for getting back. I removed the control panel from the van overnight and when i put it back following day the 1000 error had cleared and roof working again. So will check sensors when i get a chance and poss still make enquiries with PLA.