Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Glass Cooker Lid Closure

D

DavidS

Guest User
I had an interesting failure at the weekend - I was unable to secure the glass lid by the catch over the cooker. On investigation back home I discovered that the three (all three!) clear plastic bobbles normally secured to the small indentations on the underside of the glass lid had somehow fallen out. The only clue was that the centre one had turned itself over and become stuck to the lower rim of the hob. Fortunately I was able to retrieve the missing two and all was well after a small application of Evostick! The fridge lid has the same technology, but all seemed OK there....

Anyone know where you can get the clear bobbles from? I have three missing.

Same issue with our 2014 Cali, noticed vibration from cooker lid, not normal at all, problem traced to one of the bumper stops being missing. VW are going to source stops as alternative to fitting new cooker lid under warranty.

Just watch you don't break the hinges, they are £46 each :eek:

Colin

I had the misfortune to break the hinges to the fridge twice in short succession. At first I thought the gas strut was to blame, perhaps being too stiff, but now I think it may be have been caused by overfilling the basket, all seems to be OK now. I was shocked by the price of the hinges from VW so found out who made then and got a pair from Italy. They are called Sepa Thin. They have 9 x 39mm face fixings, made of brass with nickel plate.The same hinge is used on the cooker flap and the hinged doors to the wardrobe. I think you could also get them in the UK, Hafele list them on their German website, so you could probably get them from their UK arm

I got my glass top lid bobbles from some weird forum called California club :oops:

In the meantime a small wiping down cloth, folded in two, placed at the corner edge with glass lid closed upon it eliminated all known rattles. Cost 12p per sheet from Waitrose. (you can try Tesco's but really! who would want a tesco disposable towel on view??)

Had the same issue. First port of call for any rattles

This thread seems to have died! Is that because nobody has the problem of sticky pads no longer falling off??
The other week I heard this really loud clattering noise from the back of our Cali and eventually tracked it down to these plastic bobbles! Those of you that know/follow me will realize that I am a tad OCD about our Cali. Well this subject is just right for me getting stuck in!!:thumb Sorry! (i'm at a bit of a loose end right now too)
You can buy these little blighters from almost anywhere but they just keep falling of. On investigation I found there are many different bobble profiles! Their diameter, Hemisphere, Square, with land, without land it goes on. There are some that are very sticky, but the wrong size or profile and there are some that do not stick at all, even if they are the right shape and size!
How can such a product be so simple in concept yet so complex in delivery?
Eventually I tracked down a product from 3M (I rate this company very highly - normally their products do exactly what the tin says).
They have a brand called "Bumpon" complete with technical drawings - Oh how my OCD is being fed!!!!
Bumpon's are precision bits of kit! No, really!! Take a look at this - they come in all shapes & sizes. http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_EU/Bumpon/Adhesive-Bumpers/
Yes, they do have a part number....SJ5302 for the Cali item. They are 7.9 mm wide x 2.2 mm high with an external rim.
3M even list this as an application "Small Kitchen Appliance Feet - Recessed Application". I need to find a dark room to lie down in!
The level of detail is amazing for this tiny product! https://docs-emea.rs-online.com/webdocs/14c7/0900766b814c71a0.pdf
OK, I'm done. I bought 72 from a local stockist + £2.95 (Should last me a while!)
Word of warning - need to clean surface with ISO Propanol before fitting. Have done so with all three bobbles on the kitchen glass and all is good so far!
That's me for the evening - I'm done now....totally worn out!!

This thread seems to have died! Is that because nobody has the problem of sticky pads no longer falling off??
The other week I heard this really loud clattering noise from the back of our Cali and eventually tracked it down to these plastic bobbles! Those of you that know/follow me will realize that I am a tad OCD about our Cali. Well this subject is just right for me getting stuck in!!:thumb Sorry! (i'm at a bit of a loose end right now too)
You can buy these little blighters from almost anywhere but they just keep falling of. On investigation I found there are many different bobble profiles! Their diameter, Hemisphere, Square, with land, without land it goes on. There are some that are very sticky, but the wrong size or profile and there are some that do not stick at all, even if they are the right shape and size!
Eventually I tracked down a product from 3M (I rate this company very highly - normally their products do exactly what the tin says).
They have a brand called "Bumpon" complete with technical drawings - Oh how my OCD is being fed!!!!
Bumpon's are precision bits of kit! No, really!! Take a look at this - they come in all shapes & sizes. http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_EU/Bumpon/Adhesive-Bumpers/
Yes, they do have a part number....SJ5302 for the Cali item. They are 7.9 mm wide x 2.2 mm high with an external rim.
3M even list this as an application "Small Kitchen Appliance Feet - Recessed Application". I need to find a dark room to lie down in!
The level of detail is amazing for this tiny product! https://docs-emea.rs-online.com/webdocs/14c7/0900766b814c71a0.pdf
OK, I'm done. I bought 72 from a local stockist + £2.95 (Should last me a while!)
Word of warning - need to clean surface with ISO Propanol before fitting. Have done so with all three bobbles on the kitchen glass and all is good so far!

The men in white coats will come and look after you soon Rik. They'll find a room with soft walls where you can play with your Bumpons to your heart's content.

Haha you could at least post a link to your local stockist :) ?

Last edited:
Anyone know where you can get the clear bobbles from? I have three missing.
Lidl/ B&Q or Amazon. I bought a pac of 3 different sizes and they have been quite useful!

Haha you could at least post a link to your local stockist :) ?
Loca stockist? Well I did think about this but there are so many 3M stockists and not all of them stock this product. Here is an on-line seller but they are expensive and they charge postage. https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=S...DSgE&biw=1242&bih=579#spd=6656054753753271233
Or these people, http://uk.farnell.com/3m/sj-5302/fe...edq2EjnATWCRigJmMGbqvEBTSXeJCNQ8aAugtEALw_wcB
OR these folks? https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/prod...x22_VWeLFamGWnMkPw8aAonaEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Back