Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Glass top help and idea

I use silicone mats on mine already ,but fitted ones to would be alot neater and can't wait to see them my skirt loving friend ;) :eek: :D :laugh2

Choplee You won't be seeing any mats until you rustle up the breakfast u owe me.

And I was rather put out that you didnt even slide your hand up my skirt :shocked

keacal2705 said:
Choplee You won't be seeing any mats until you rustle up the breakfast u owe me.

And I was rather put out that you didnt even slide your hand up my skirt :shocked

:laugh2 i'm not walking into a greasy spoon cafe with you in the skirt unless i can wear my lounge trousers with wellies on :barmy :rofl

Just incase anyone is wondering

file.php

Re: RE: Glass top help and idea

Oh yeah that explains it ;-)

Sent from my 7 Trophy using Board Express

keacal2705 said:
Just an update for those interested.

The company making the mats unscrewed my glass hob shelf today and are keeping it for a few days so they can work on getting a spot on fit.

Once they have cracked it then they can take orders. The mat is different to the one I originally enquired on is different but better in my opinion. They have used a Matt finish Mat :crazy
I have mine in a grey that works well with my interior. I would imagine they will make it available in a range of colours.

Would imagine they will have it sorted very quickly now they can keep testing against the glass shelf.

How's it going? I am really excited to see the end result!!

Watching this discussion with interest in the mats :thumb , though the skirt has put me off a little :rofl

I need to chase them up as they have had my glass top for nearly two weeks now :eek:

The skirt has been packed away until the summer as the slightest draught tends to lead to an inverted exhaust :oops:

keacal2705 said:
I need to chase them up as they have had my glass top for nearly two weeks now :eek:

The skirt has been packed away until the summer as the slightest draught tends to lead to an inverted exhaust :oops:

maybe a more summer style skirt for next year lee :laugh2

new lounge trousers are on my xmas list ,so i'll be styling with me new wellies at the next meet ... ;) :rofl

Just wondered if you had any success with the mats in the end?

Mark

Hi Mark,

Limited I am afraid. They unscrewed my cooker top off and kept it for a while to get a perfect fit. I now have two free mats but of different colours! Nick at Silex was excited about getting some material that would be perfect for doing mats that was better stuff than he was currently using. I will chase him up and ask if I can share his contact details.

Will update soon.

Thanks for the update. So they've basically got a template now and they just need to get the right material? Sounds like it's not far off, if that's the case. I'd definitely be interested in a set if Nick can get them sorted. I would have thought that he could sell quite a few to forum members as well.

Feel free to give him my contact details.

Thanks
Mark

keacal2705 said:
I now have two free mats but of different colours! Nick at Silex was excited about getting some material that would be perfect for doing mats that was better stuff than he was currently using. I will chase him up and ask if I can share his contact details.

Will update soon.

Hi Lee You kicked off this fridge and cooker glass mats thing off 8 months ago! What's happened have Silex lost interest ? What's the problem with the one's you have or are they alright do they work for you or are there shortcomings ? I'd be interested in a set because I made my own ones up out of non-slip shelf covering stuff but they don't lay flat enough nor are they heat resistant.
It's a great idea be a shame to let it die especially after all the trouble you went to with your own Cali in getting the template measured and made.

Cheers for now Eric

It's very spooky you posted as I emailed nick at silex this morning for an update. To be honest it is a farce. I am more than happy for others to call nick at silex directly as it will reinforce the demand. They are based in Bordon.

I have two different coloured mats that fit fine but obviously don't match. I have been waiting for him to sort the final material before then requesting a matching sent.

Please call him. I think he will say he is still waiting on a special material he wanted but maybe he will give a timescale.

Back