Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Glass worktops scratched

We too noticed how the top can easily get scratched so we are looking at buying a sheet of 1mm thick silicone which comes with an adhesive back from a local supplier- will let you know how we get on.

Use "sticky mats". The ones you use on sailing yachts to stop things moving when you tack. Buy in a roll and cut to size (cover top of fridge and cooker top and they stay on when you lift the tops). To change the subject, our fridge glass top has smashed can you only replace via VW?

I've just bought a roll of 'Variera' drawer mat from Ikea (£3 for a roll) and stuck that over the glass tops with a bit of double sided sticky tape and it works a treat.

Love the idea of the custom worktop protectors, a little more expensive than I would have hoped at £80, appreciate the hard work gone into them.

Maybe there will be an Xmas sale, or any other options? :)

We would love to be able to reduce these but the setting up costs and production cost
Won't allow it. Still cheaper than replacing the glass worktop from vw. It does brighten up an otherwise dull interior

Calikev said:
We would love to be able to reduce these but the setting up costs and production cost
Won't allow it. Still cheaper than replacing the glass worktop from vw. It does brighten up an otherwise dull interior

I guessed this to be the case as the products are very reasonably priced, I quite like the interior so would have gone for the white.

Shame they are not heat resistant, personally I don't put hot pans on the original worktops but guess you can?

We have a blue and a white one left send me a pm if you would like one

Hi,

We're just wondering if there are any worktop covers left, and if so what colour please?

Hi Giles we have a couple of blue and 1 white left

Hi Giles we have a couple of blue and 1 white left

Hi David,

Thanks for getting back to me. Could you confirm the cost of the white set with any VIP discount applied? Presume they come off without marking the glass below if needed?

Many thanks

Regards

I have sent you a pm giles

Hi,

We're interested in some of the worktop covers, are they still available and if so in what colour please?

Cheers,
Steve

If the scratches bother you, you can have them polished out. A lot of new cars come with scratches on the windows and the dealers usually have a local contact who carries out glass polishing. Just ask your friendly local dealer (or Mr Google) :)

Once you raise an edge comes off easily. It's not heat or scratch proof but easily replaced or even stick on top of existing sheet.
Don't you remember Blue Peter and Val Singleton and her " sticky back plastic ".

Back