Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Glass worktops scratched

we use pieces of the non-slip matting that you can buy on a roll, either aldi or poud shop (can't remember)

they stay there all the time other than to clean under.

we have a tiny chopping board to use that also just sits on it.

the matting stays put when you lift the lid so we find it ticks all the boxes for us

and its grey ! bonus

:D

Sorry Kev, I am duplicating your posts :lol:

These look great!

Will there be any colour variations or just the blue (not that I mind the blue) ?

david white said:
Sorry Kev, I am duplicating your posts :lol:

Don't worry david :thumb

We could do them in red if there was enough demand :thumb

Think I'd prefer the blue to red. Just wondered if there was anything more subtle - maybe light grey? Anyway don't worry - blue will be fine. Hope they will be available soon - been waiting for these for a while!

Cheers
Mark

Light Grey would be great.......

Very in tune with the Cali interior.......

I use similar to ikea but mine are from Tesco's.

Around £3 for three, nice bright colours, light, flexible, durable and it's second nature now to use them on top of the worktop.

VW build is complete crap these days, all Cali owners must get used to this. As superbly as the Cali is designed, the materials used are as cheap as you would likely find in so called lesser brand cars.

One might forgive vw by saying that everything in the Cali is a trade off between weight and longevity. But that applies to every vehicle nowadays as they are all chasing the god of fuel economy, but at the gross expense of build quality.

It will take time for folk to ditch this delusion that vw makes quality cars. It no longer does. It designs beautifully, markets skilfully, it's dealerships look fantastic. 1970s Italian cars had comparable build quality to the Cali.

The number of people who say to me "vw, so the build quality will be good". That is now as true as saying "Man United, they are champions league contenders". As a follower of both these brands since the 70s I reckon Man United will be champions league contenders well before VW Audi starts doing really simple things properly like putting decent glass in a 50k vehicle or painting alloy wheels properly or fitting roofs that do not corrode within 6 months, or steering columns that function properly.

markh said:
These look great!

Will there be any colour variations or just the blue (not that I mind the blue) ?

if you need a specific colour or effect like carbon ,mirror or even print then check out your local graphics business if they wrap cars then they can wrap the glass tops ;) :thumb :smile

I am afraid grey is not available, the nearest we can get is polar white. Also what about Chilli red for those that want to brighten up the interior?

Red.jpg PolarWhite.jpg

Polar white is a good finish, we have this colour in our office on the workstation dividing screens, the red also looks daring. When will they be available and how much would they cost.
Thanks

Polar white looks good to me. Nice and boring :lol:

Mark

Martin said:
I am afraid grey is not available, the nearest we can get is polar white. Also what about Chilli red for those that want to brighten up the interior?

Is that an Orange sample I see in the photograph Kev :?:

Bob

Shout when these are available - think we'd be up for one/a set. I'd have to ask the "boss" what colour though.

I'm geekily careful with our glass tops but there's still a few light scratches.

These look cool to me Kev.
The non slip stuff we use catches all the bread crumbs in the holes, especially French bread.... all those big crunchy crumbs.

The chilli red looks really nice. Give us a shout when available. :thumb

I like Polar White too [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The worktop protectors are finally sorted they are available in chilli red,polar white and electric
Blue. They have been made in partnership with ZoneSleep and will be in the shop later
Price £79.99

We picked our Cali up yesterday and notice all the worktops are scratched, it looks like they were using it as a chopping board, we did not notice when we viewed the van. Tempted to hid it with one of these.

Back