Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Glastonbury

We are going, but not in our Cali unfortunately!
We only managed to get a Cali last week after looking for about two years! We had already booked our tents up at Worthy View (gutted), but at least we managed to get tickets. This will only be our second year there.
Its looking like COTF might be out first proper outing in the van?

3rd time in the Cali for us too. Used to go in our old T2.

I've been going every year since 1992, first few years tent camping then since 1999 until 2011 in our T2 Bay Window and now the last two years in our California, not long to wait now till this year, and setting off down next Saturday. I've been working there now for the last three times so all workers need to be in by Tuesday evening but if we want can arrive next weekend. We are having a little holiday stopping of at places on the drive down from cumbria first though.

Folks...it's something I've wanted to do for years and now that I have a Cali I want to go more than ever. Can you tell me how I go about getting tickets for next year? When do they go on sale and from where? I'm coming from Ireland.
Thanks,
Ian

You need to register online at the Glastonbury web page to get a unique number code and then you use that to try and get tickets at the beginning of October. I think this year the festival sold out in 45mins thats 130000 tickets. You need luck and loads of mates trying to get to the booking pages before the site crashes. Good luck.

Then again I've just noticed you are from the republic of Ireland, you might be classed as oversea's and their is a slightly different process for people abroad to purchase tickets.

many thanks for the reply, I'll start the process and see what happens. I've been talking about it for years so it's time to do something.

And if you are lucky enough to get a ticket in early October, you then have to beat the rush for a ticket for your campervan in early April. I think this year CV tickets sold out within 24 hrs.

We were there last year but that was in the year 1 BC (Before Cali). We couldn't get tickets this year. You could try Latitude. We booked for this as soon as we couldn't get into Glastonbury. Can't wait!

I'm going on my tod this year. I'm in the west camper van field.
Give me a shout.

I'm going on my tod this year. I'm in the west camper van field.
Give me a shout.
Does Latitude have the same problem with mud as Glastonbury?
Do I need any footwear other than wellies?
Might I regret not getting the 4x4 version of the Cali by the end of the weekend?

Might I regret not getting the 4x4 version of the Cali by the end of the weekend?

Have done Latitude twice - once in tent, once in Cali. The site appears to be built on sand which means great drainage. Only one muddy bit during the tent year - narrow access point between camping and arena site.
Didn't rain during Cali year, so can't comment on how muddy the campervan fields get.

We've done Latitude for the past six years, each time staying in the Campervan field (albeit in a motorhome). It's a well drained site and they tend to give you plenty of room. There was only one year when things got a little boggy. That was a year when he'd had pretty much continual rain in the month leading up to it. We decided to leave the festival early that year in order to use the drive ways before they got cut up so we were ok, but we heard some people got stuck getting out.

To be honest though, I'd never let it put me off. We've decided to skip Latitude this year though. We're booked for Green Man (our personal favourite by some distance), and thought we'd go to Festival Number 6 again.

Can't wait, it'll be our first festival visits in the Cali :)