Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Grand California Table

I would be grateful if someone could let me have the 3d printed files to produce the brackets for a table

This one is hinged at the end, solves the problem of projecting too much into the passageway.

Finally took some time to make myself a smaller table. I ended up dismantling the original table. I'm still keeping the original panel, although I will never use it again.

A Viennese Waltz is still a challenge, but moving from the driver's seat to the back is possible now also for non-acrobats.
Thanks for the inspiration in your posts.table.jpg

You could always leave the big table full size & just use the smaller one that VW supply in the back door. Has no-one ever wondered what the extra fixings on it are for?tempImage6fpeF3.png

You could always leave the big table full size & just use the smaller one that VW supply in the back door. Has no-one ever wondered what the extra fixings on it are for?View attachment 90547
yes tried this when first got van but mine doesn’t work as not level due to leg being too short plus not that stable with just one leg. maybe they have changed table design?

I honestly never noticed until seeing this tried it. But don’t think it’s much good imo

Cut mine down and re edged it myself. Wasn’t that hard.

Excuse the mess.

C2D193DF-7987-4C58-89DB-37993D9DA8F3.jpeg

Bought a preformed table top off ebay along with a folding leg & used a pair of brackets for the rail off an old Beach table that we have.IMG_4430.jpgIMG_4431.jpg

@T3Z-GB VW commercial sell the carpets or you can get them from Campervantastic for a few quid more

That’s really nice VW could take a few tips from this forum! By the way is that the VW GC carpet?

Any chance of a link?
Link to the accessories site below. Its a bit too shag pile for my liking, nice barefoot but I fear its not going be too good at dealing with a muddy dog.
Very good value compared to brandrup - covers the whole front end of the van from the footwells up to the edge of the bed & two further large mats provided as well.

I have alway felt the internal table was to long, and a hassle to get around when trying to get to the passenger seat, so had it cut down and slightly reshaped. Still looks fairly original.

View attachment 74797

View attachment 74798

View attachment 74799
Hello Jester,
I like the cut-down version of your table. I am interested to know how it has worked out in practice. Are you still satisfied with the size?
Could you please send me the dimensions, including the leg fixing point.
Regards
Alan
PS Have you had the replacement tap fitted successfully?

Hi Zephyr

Funny the van is in today having the new tap fitted so should be back tomorrow,

The table works very well, I left the leg in its original position as if you were to move it any further in it would hinder access ie bringing it closer to the bench seat thus restricting feet access.

As I have it you have access more easily to the front passenger and driver seat. Meaning still great for 3 people and a little squeeze for 4 but really do able. Any narrower and shorter would mean only good for 2 people.

We mostly travel with friends so if raining we eat inside.

Hope that’s helpful.

Will

Hello Will,
Thanks for the speedy reply.
When you have your GC back could you please send the length of the table. I assume you left the width the same.
Many thanks.
Alan

Hello Will,
Thanks for the speedy reply.
When you have your GC back could you please send the length of the table. I assume you left the width the same.
Many thanks.
Alan
Hi Alan yes will Do, might be back tomorrow but who knows.
It needs to be gas safe tested and certified via a third party as VW are unable to complete this side of the new installation.
Yes left to the same width as if to narrow there wold not be enough room for the person opposite imo.
cheers Alan.
Will

Hi Alan yes will Do, might be back tomorrow but who knows.
It needs to be gas safe tested and certified via a third party as VW are unable to complete this side of the new installation.
Yes left to the same width as if to narrow there wold not be enough room for the person opposite imo.
cheers Alan.
Will
Hello Will
Have you been able to measure the length of the table?
We’re on tour at the moment and so far the new tap is working well. I hope your tap has been sorted.
Regards
Alan

Hello Will
Have you been able to measure the length of the table?
We’re on tour at the moment and so far the new tap is working well. I hope your tap has been sorted.
Regards
Alan
Hi Alan,

sorry re late response. Table Length about 99 cm and width the same as original I left also the table leg in the same position. The new tap is working better than expected ie much better flow rate.

Will

8908E29A-9A4E-470F-AD42-4745C780957C.jpeg

9E7F9D79-0ABC-4336-9D4D-6C128DBDFDB2.jpeg