Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Grand California Table

Thanks Alan.

Hi. Any chance someone could send me the file to have the brackets printed over here in NZ. Just got my 680 and the table is first on my list. email is jerseykenton@mac.com Thanks all.
K

Hi. Any chance someone could send me the file to have the brackets printed over here in NZ. Just got my 680 and the table is first on my list. email is jerseykenton@mac.com Thanks all.
K
If you are feeling brave you could always use the brackets that are on the table stored on the rear door. Just carefully drill out the pop rivets.

K
Hi Kenton

I have just emailed you a link to the file. Be warned I recently had two break so print a few as spares and keep in van with you.

Mark

Dont suppose you have the 3D files for the wall bracket the table goes into do you?

I am going to butcher an old table I have with a rotating 2nd piece on it to make the table more usable, but also want to install the rail below the cubby hole to make an extra bed and also on the side of the fridge to be able to use the table outside, saving carrying the extra table.

I had both these features in my Fiat Ducato based motorhome.
If anyone is looking for 3d printed brackets, both for table and for side of van, DM me
Hiya, are you able to send this over to me?

Hi Kenton

I have just emailed you a link to the file. Be warned I recently had two break so print a few as spares and keep in van with you.

Mark
Amazing, thank I’ve had them made and they seem really strong. Thanks again

This looks awesome!

Rather than emailing around - is this the same bracket as the T4 table bracket on Thingiverse?

Failing that - could someone send me the bracket through to isaac.anstis (at) +++++.com?

Cheers

Can you leave any of these tables in place while driving ?

The advice from VW is not to they should be stowed away.

The advice from VW is not to they should be stowed away.
Thanks . I accidentally drove 300 kms with it in place , no issues . 600 version. I guess it’s therefore purely a safety issue in a collision situation . I could hear it bounce once or twice but it was mainly motorway .

To be fair a lot of members do from what I hear. But as you say it’s from a safety point of view.

Great to see some top notch DIY projects on here, and for anyone not wanting to make their own table, we have optimised a design that we have been selling for over a year now, along with our other products for the GC. All designed and made in the UK. If you haven't already found us please have a look at www.yescampervan.co.uk

VIP members of the forum can also find a 5% discount code for all our products in the VIP members area. Some details on our tables:
  • Table top is made from durable 6mm compact phenolic resin (also known as solid grade laminate), this is an extremely strong material for its weight with nice smooth edges.
  • New Strong, CNC machines anodised aluminium mounting brackets.
  • Stows in position under the window, right were you need it.
  • Available in grey and white as standard with Red, Blue and Yellow made to order.
  • We also make a small side table which is perfect for a quick cup of tea.

GCT Grey up.jpg

GCT1g stowed.jpeg

GCT1 stow lever.jpeg
GCT1g close 2.jpeg
GC T2 c.jpeg

Wanted to share another option on the market for a very small table- a couple of drinks and maybe a bowl of snacks. Table XS is from qualifornia.de (check their website out as they only make accessories for GC!!!) We noticed on our 4 week trip to the Baltics that there were many times we didn't want to get out the big table, but would have been handy to have a little table for our coffee cups or cocktails....this was perfect and the 39 euro pricetag was also perfect!

IMG_8079.jpgIMG_8077.jpgIMG_8081.jpg

We just received and installed a new smaller table from Bugscamper.de "The Maxi Table" https://bugscamper.de/produkt/maxitisch/

I really feel like this is going to be a game changer on our trips- it is smaller (see picture below) than the original VW table, but also lighter weight and then to top it off it mounts right next to the bench seat- so no more stowing either on the bed or in the cargo area. And you can easily get in and out of the driver's seat with this table- we struggled a bit with the original VW table. You can order this able two ways- either with a leg or without- if you order without you simply unscrew the leg from the VW table and screw it into pre-drilled & reinforced holes...this is what we did.

Bugscamper also has several other GC specific accessories.
Table.jpgTable2.jpgTable3.jpgTable5.jpg376544765_1017622612719649_1097901630628007797_n (1).jpg