Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Green Zone stickers for Europe

I

ianevans

There have been a number of posts on this subject. I have a few questions:

1. We have a 2007 California. How do I confirm which classification it falls under? 1,2,3,4 or 5?

2. Looking at the regulations, we need a different sticker for each country visited. Is this correct? Or is there 1 master sticker for all of Euro Zone?

3. Which is the best App for Android that will warm us of green zones in each country?

Thank you,
Ian

I only know a little about the French crit'air after applying for one.
The website works out what category you are, and I have no idea if it then applies across the rest of Europe - hadn't actually crossed my mind either!

There have been a number of posts on this subject. I have a few questions:

1. We have a 2007 California. How do I confirm which classification it falls under? 1,2,3,4 or 5?

2. Looking at the regulations, we need a different sticker for each country visited. Is this correct? Or is there 1 master sticker for all of Euro Zone?

3. Which is the best App for Android that will warm us of green zones in each country?

Thank you,
Ian
The wonders of the EU, different sticker for each country, if not city.

This is not a recommendation.

I have downloaded the Green Zone app. It looks like you have to pay at least E29.90 per month to get any use out of it?

Hi, I've been reading the threads on this but I'm still not sure of the answers to two questions in terms of Spain and Portugal. We have a ferry to Santander.

1. Do vehicles registered in the UK need a sticker for Spain or Portugal?

2. If the answer to 1 is yes, do we need the sticker on our van even if we do not plan to go into any cities? I.e does every vehicle have to have one all the time, by law? Or just when you enter a city with a clean air zone?

If anyone knows the answer I'd be very grateful, Thanks

Hi, I've been reading the threads on this but I'm still not sure of the answers to two questions in terms of Spain and Portugal. We have a ferry to Santander.

1. Do vehicles registered in the UK need a sticker for Spain or Portugal?

2. If the answer to 1 is yes, do we need the sticker on our van even if we do not plan to go into any cities? I.e does every vehicle have to have one all the time, by law? Or just when you enter a city with a clean air zone?

If anyone knows the answer I'd be very grateful, Thanks
Only if you plan on driving INTO a Clean Air Zone.

No requirement to have a Clean Air sticker in any Country unless you plan on driving into or through a designated Clean Air Zone.

Reactions: AJQ
Spain stating to introduce but I would not worry yet as only giving stickers to Spanish vehicles.

Spain I copied this from another site:

"At the time of writing, UK vehicles aren’t automatically accepted into ZBE, low emissions zones and will likely have to register within the municipality where they need to be used. The only current example of this is Barcelona whereby the owner of a foreign vehicle can register to use their vehicle. More info here:"
https://zberegistre.ambmobilitat.cat/en/VehiclesEstrangers

Barcelona need registration about 10 days before you go then you can pay for the days you are there. Unlike London where you pay next day in Barcelona you pay before you enter. Web site is in English and was easy. Email sent to tell me it was processing and I need to pay the fee of 7 euro.

Reactions: AJQ
It depends on the emissions class of your vehicle. My mum brought a transit-based camper to Germany and had to go to the local Zulassungstelle (Vehicle Registration Office) with the registration document of the vehicle showing all the the model details and emissions class. She paid a small fee, filled out a form, and left with a Green sticker.

Germany specific:

Back