Total £950.67

A saving of £476.01 for 2 people
or £1902.69 for a family 4
Compared to train

Last edited:
Just need to sort out China and Usa then we can all continue
as before. :D
EDGAR_Table.jpg
CO2 emissions changes in the periods 2019-2020,2020-2021, 2019-2021 and the Compound Average Growth Rate (CAGR), representing the average yearly percentage growth of CO2 emissions between 1990 and 2021.
EC, 2022

Just need to sort out China and Usa then we can all continue
as before. :D
View attachment 101469
CO2 emissions changes in the periods 2019-2020,2020-2021, 2019-2021 and the Compound Average Growth Rate (CAGR), representing the average yearly percentage growth of CO2 emissions between 1990 and 2021.
EC, 2022

It seems a little unfair to compare China’s emissions (population 1.4bn) alongside the Vatican City (population 806).

Fairer, in my opinion, would be to compare emissions per capita.

You're taking the overnight train to Chiang Mai? I did that some years ago. It was a wonderful trip! Have fun!
I made that run in 1988 while backpacking around Thailand and Malaysia as a student. Pleasantly sedate and enjoyable although I hope they have upgraded the trains since then as mine was real decrepit at the time.

It seems a little unfair to compare China’s emissions (population 1.4bn) alongside the Vatican City (population 806).

Fairer, in my opinion, would be to compare emissions per capita.
India 1.393 bn but not anywhere near Chinas figures.

India 1.393 bn but not anywhere near Chinas figures.

USA about 1.5 times higher than China per capita.
India about a seventh of the USA per capita.

Much also depends if you calculate CO2 by production or consumption.

Does the CO2 used for MacDonalds toy produced in China but flung into a bin in the US count towards the US’s CO2 or China’s

Last edited:
Much also depends if you calculate CO2 by production or consumption.
Well it must be by consumption, thats how I am being targeted.
But if we move the production then it might look good for us.

Well it must be by consumption, thats how I am being targeted.
But if we move the production then it might look good for us.

Good article here:

The fundamental cause of CO2 is people!

World population is growing by around 1.1% per year, that means it will easily double in around 50-60 years
To stand still we will have to halve our co2 production in 50 years.

I’m all for Green energy, recycling, having a good Gretatude, looking after the polar ice caps but ultimately we are screwed by our own success.

We have raped the planet using our ever so big brains, to get more from less, thinking it can go on forever. It can’t, nature will win and it will do what it has done for billions of years, restore balance.

It's not a contest, if it's not solved globally we're all f**ked.
Agreed.

But if you’re looking for a winner it’s the owner of the indoor ski slope in Dubai. ;)

The fundamental cause of CO2 is people!

World population is growing by around 1.1% per year, that means it will easily double in around 50-60 years
To stand still we will have to halve our co2 production in 50 years.

I’m all for Green energy, recycling, having a good Gretatude, looking after the polar ice caps but ultimately we are screwed by our own success.

We have raped the planet using our ever so big brains, to get more from less, thinking it can go on forever. It can’t, nature will win and it will do what it has done for billions of years, restore balance.
Agreed. There isn’t a hope in hell governments will do anything to stop the free fall and anything we do as concerned punters will amount to nothing more than a drop in the ocean.
The human race is a cancer on the planet and nature has the cure.

Agreed. There isn’t a hope in hell governments will do anything to stop the free fall and anything we do as concerned punters will amount to nothing more than a drop in the ocean.
The human race is a cancer on the planet and nature has the cure.
Buy a house made of solar panels, next to a desalination plant …… on a mountain range …. Near a seed factory. Climate change is easy.

Peace around the world would be a good start.

The German military was already responsible for around 4.5 million tonnes of CO2 equivalent emissions in 2019, significantly more than the 2.5 million tonnes contributed by civilian aviation within Germany. This is now set to increase. Just one of the F-35 jets ordered from Lockheed Martin emits around 28 tonnes of CO2 equivalent per tank of fuel. For comparison: the average annual emissions footprint in Germany is 11.2 tonnes per head.

We’re not far off the first food wars. FACT.

Peace around the world would be a good start.

The German military was already responsible for around 4.5 million tonnes of CO2 equivalent emissions in 2019, significantly more than the 2.5 million tonnes contributed by civilian aviation within Germany. This is now set to increase. Just one of the F-35 jets ordered from Lockheed Martin emits around 28 tonnes of CO2 equivalent per tank of fuel. For comparison: the average annual emissions footprint in Germany is 11.2 tonnes per head.
I think we in the west have lost all perspective from seeing the debate from other sides, we're so consumptive and do hardly anything collectively to solve issues, no basic faith in the state, lack of acting like citizens and just allowing companies to bulldoze their way to profits.

In the UK the top 1% (by wealth) dominate all decision making and it's been this way for generations, trickle down it is not, the part that scares me the most is that they don't value nature or even try to solve the issues, destroying the earth is just part of their process.

I wonder if the UK delegates for COP next week will share the same plane? the tone and entitlement these people set at the top is sadly the only thing trickles down to us.

I think we are long past the point of needing a slap in the face/reality check.
Capitalism rules.

Blade Runner is the most accurate image of our future.

Thankfully I’ll be long dead, in fact I’m considering getting an estimate from Dignitas such is my level of despair with the a******s that lead us.

I think we are long past the point of needing a slap in the face/reality check.
Capitalism rules.

Blade Runner is the most accurate image of our future.

Thankfully I’ll be long dead, in fact I’m considering getting an estimate from Dignitas such is my level of despair with the a******s that lead us.
Same here. Maybe we could organise a Cali meet at Dignitas :)

Maybe we could all get collectively gassed in a French Aire ?

I haven't heard of any lethal gassings though....

They all seem survivable, you wake up with a stinking headache, your lifesavings in the pre-packed shoe box gone and a complimentary insurance claim form left by your bed.

Back