Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Halogen light over sidedoor do not work

Daniel58

Daniel58

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
The two Halogen light over sidedoor in my Cali T5 do not work. Does it have a connection with the electric sidedoor that doesn't work either?

The lights over the sliding door do not come on when that door is opened, the only way of switching them on is by the button on the light.

The lights over the sliding door do not come on when that door is opened, the only way of switching them on is by the button on the light.

My problem is that they do not come on with the switch, and I have checked the bulbs. I just thought that there might be a commen connection (pluss/minus) with the door.

Do the ones over the sink work? they are on the same circuit.

Do the ones over the sink work? they are on the same circuit.
Yes, the ones over the sink work. So it must be a cable or a plug. The electric door is out of order. They removed the wire which pulls the door, but it still opens the lock with the switch on the dash board.

My problem is that they do not come on with the switch, and I have checked the bulbs. I just thought that there might be a commen connection (pluss/minus) with the door.
Forgive for asking, but how did you check the bulbs? Did you swap with the working lights over the kitchen?

The door is operated from the engine battery, the lights from the leisure battery so totally disconnected from each other.

Back