Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Handy bike covers

Not very much for the Italians. Judging by the lack of them on the Italian motor homes at the campsite we stayed at last year, but all the foreign registered vehicles were using them.
OK - but what I meant was how strictly the aluminium rear plate rule is enforced. On noticing that you have a plastic one, how likely is a policeman to pull you over for it not being aluminium?

OK - but what I meant was how strictly the aluminium rear plate rule is enforced. On noticing that you have a plastic one, how likely is a policeman to pull you over for it not being aluminium?
No idea. I have the Aluminium plate. Maybe you'll be able to tell us when you get there.:thumb

I believe the Spanish and Italian signs are also visually different - one has more stripes than the other

I'm pretty sure I've seen reversible signs with 5 stripes one side and 3 the other (goes off to search the net.....)

Re: warning signs for bike racks - thanks all for information. Now just need to choose my cover and method to attach that sign (without it damaging the cover when buffeted in my tail wind!). Hey Ho. Thanks again.

Probably already been covered but do you need a warning triangle on a tow bar mounted rack. Seems daft if you do as you already have the rack lights etc.

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Probably already been covered but do you need a warning triangle on a tow bar mounted rack. Seems daft if you do as you already have the rack lights etc.

Mike

Yes.

Thanks. Madness but Hey Ho!

Mike

Last edited:
Splashed out on the Aluminium one. Consoled myself that I will put it on all the time I have the bikes on to get my monies worth and it just might stop one idiot not seeing a 3 ton van 2 metres tall.

Mike

Back