Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Has anyone got a "Dock" camping kitchen?

I think this Dock looks pretty damn cool. it is very expensive, but actually probably no more expensive than one of the various kitchen 'pods' you can get, which can run into thousands of pounds (with a sink)
~£90 for a Vango kitchen.
1_68.jpg

~£90 for a Vango kitchen.
1_68.jpg

I know what you're saying Amarillo it's not the fact it's just cooking, we are quite happy with cooking on top of a camping table when we stay in one place for a period of time, to me the DOCK is clever and yet so simple and it does really look interesting instead of the usual cooking platforms where are used to here in the UK and retro if you know what I mean, to me it just fits in with all the VW campervan experience, for me I would buy one in a heartbeat but for the boss she has to mellow to it simply because of the price whereas if he gave a bit of discount she would snap it up being a woman and they do like a bit of a discount.

I know what you're saying Amarillo it's not the fact it's just cooking, we are quite happy with cooking on top of a camping table when we stay in one place for a period of time, to me the DOCK is clever and yet so simple and it does really look interesting instead of the usual cooking platforms where are used to here in the UK and retro if you know what I mean, to me it just fits in with all the VW campervan experience, for me I would buy one in a heartbeat but for the boss she has to mellow to it simply because of the price whereas if he gave a bit of discount she would snap it up being a woman and they do like a bit of a discount.
Oh - I agree the Dock is a truly elegant bit of kit. But just don't be under any illusion that the extra £££ is buying anything other than elegance and, perhaps, longevity.

Oh - I agree the Dock is a truly elegant bit of kit. But just don't be under any illusion that the extra £££ is buying anything other than elegance and, perhaps, longevity.
The same could be said of many things in life, the California included. Their are many cheaper alternatives but instead we all went for something more expensive and dare I say it, more elegant.

What's that saying, "Buy cheap buy twice" or something similar.

So much stuff these days is manufactured to hold together just long enough for the punter to get it home. Within a short space of time it's on it's way to landfill and your off out looking for a replacement. This built in obsolescence is a deliberate feature of pretty much everything these days. So for me at least, it's a real joy to find something that has been purposely designed to be practical, convenient, is a joy to look at and is built to last. Yes the Dock camping kitchen is expensive and no, I don't really need one but that's not the point. If I do buy one it will give me pleasure every time I look at it and use it in the same way our Cali does. Further more it will still be giving me joy long after I've forgotten how much I paid for it.

Last edited:
That’s probably true but having worked all our lives we choose to pay a premium for things we find pleasing to the eye and not just serviceable.
As in everything in life it’s about personal choice. The Vango most definitely would not be our choice but will happily be someone else’s :)

The dock looks great - look forward to a review and seeing one for real. I wonder if my wonderful primus tupike (also expensive but great) would fit on it?

Hmmmm wonder if there would be any chance of a discount if three or four orders were being placed?

Now there's a thought!
That looks fantastic Borris, I think your nearly there after reading through this post.

Buy it and I'm sure every time you use it or are sat looking at with a cuppa or glass of red you will have a broad smile of satisfaction.

The Dutch have some fantastic camping equipment, I have always admired there folding campers and trailer tents but that's not for here.

That looks fantastic Borris, I think your nearly there after reading through this post.

Buy it and I'm sure every time you use it or are sat looking at with a cuppa or glass of red you will have a broad smile of satisfaction.

The Dutch have some fantastic camping equipment, I have always admired there folding campers and trailer tents but that's not for here.
I probably will buy one but I'd still like to see one beforehand. I'm not sure that anyone on this forum has one and because they are a small volume manufacturer, I doubt if the are retailed anywhere in this country. So it looks like we may have to have a day trip or overnighter to Holland some time. That's not possible at present so watch this space.

I probably will buy one but I'd still like to see one beforehand. I'm not sure that anyone on this forum has one and because they are a small volume manufacturer, I doubt if the are retailed anywhere in this country. So it looks like we may have to have a day trip or overnighter to Holland some time. That's not possible at present so watch this space.
Have you contacted them Borris to ask if they have a UK stockist?

I do really like the look of this as well, however you can buy the aluminium box that houses the kitchen for £250. Depending on your diy skills you could make a custom kitchen to suit your needs that would still fit in the space you have in your slide out drawer.

I do really like the look of this as well, however you can buy the aluminium box that houses the kitchen for £250. Depending on your diy skills you could make a custom kitchen to suit your needs that would still fit in the space you have in your slide out drawer.

That sounds like a good idea any chance of the information where we could purchase these boxes from :thumb

That's true but I'm up to my ears in DIY projects at present. It's much easier to press a few buttons on my tablet and then answer the front door. :thumb

That sounds like a good idea any chance of the information where we could purchase these boxes from :thumb

Back