Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hassle VW about petrol version for the UK

For the mileage we do a year I'd be happy with a petrol.....provided it was a 4.2 V8 as used in the fast audis or something similar!

Sent from my Galaxy S6

With a petrol engine lpg conversion would be possible which would improve mpg & torque.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

With a petrol engine lpg conversion would be possible which would improve mpg & torque.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
...and impossible to use the eurotunnel

I can't see the appeal of a petrol engine myself. Fuel bills would surely soar. You'd probably also lose some of the low down torque perhaps? I guess it would be more environmentally friendly? Cheaper?

I can't see the appeal of a petrol engine myself. Fuel bills would surely soar. You'd probably also lose some of the low down torque perhaps? I guess it would be more environmentally friendly? Cheaper?
Yep fuel bills would soar but for me it is not a big issue mileage wise. Low down torque is an issue but things move on and the new petrol claims to have more power at lower revs (reality may be different ?)and yep more environmentally friendly without the EGR issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I guess a lot of people are hoping that the new EU6 engines will have a more reliable EGR design, but whether this will be the case remain to be seen. I wonder if anyone has information on this? Has there been any significant redesign with the T6 series?

Yep fuel bills would soar but for me it is not a big issue mileage wise. Low down torque is an issue but things move on and the new petrol claims to have more power at lower revs (reality may be different ?)and yep more environmentally friendly without the EGR issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess a lot of people are hoping that the new EU6 engines will have a more reliable EGR design, but whether this will be the case remain to be seen. I wonder if anyone has information on this? Has there been any significant redesign with the T6 series?
Correct me if I am wrong folks but I think the T5 EGR problems were related to a specific design used in 2010-2012 ? models.

Back