Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6... something about to happen?

Talking to VW bods at the big T6 driving event in Sweden this week, the RHD commercials should become available in UK from October. The RHD Cali for the UK will be the Ocean (almost identical spec to the SE) and its probably now not till Jan 2016 till they arrive here, though maybe sooner. Dealers have had their big launch thingy now and feedback from them to VW was such that the two tone Generation 6 model should also become available in RHD now. Some very nice colour combos to

Talking to VW bods at the big T6 driving event in Sweden this week, the RHD commercials should become available in UK from October. The RHD Cali for the UK will be the Ocean (almost identical spec to the SE) and its probably now not till Jan 2016 till they arrive here, though maybe sooner. Dealers have had their big launch thingy now and feedback from them to VW was such that the two tone Generation 6 model should also become available in RHD now. Some very nice colour combos too!
While you where talking to the VW bods about T6, did you ask about the roof construction. Is it mend and make do old roof or do we have something worth waiting for!

Sorry about previous reply, T6 iPad playing up.

I think John Towers is a troll.. Does he live under a bridge?

Let's be realistic here. It's a new version of the Cali and some people will be excited.... I know I was when I found out about the Beach in 2012! For others it will be 'ho hum', but you know, let's not spoil the fun...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think John Towers is a troll.. Does he live under a bridge?

Let's be realistic here. It's a new version of the Cali and some people will be excited.... I know I was when I found out about the Beach in 2012! For others it will be 'ho hum', but you know, let's not spoil the fun...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's an evolution of what for me is a fantastic vehicle. I don't want radical changes, just existing problems resolved, no new problems, a vehicle that in my experience at least has delivered everything that I wanted from it and then a lot more as well.

Whilst residuals are so high I look forward to part-exing for another cali in 2017 or 18.

Oh, and in the two years I have been a member of this forum I have never found John Towers to be a troll, he is entitled to his opinion and often I have valued those opinions.

Last edited:
when the Cali came out in the UK we had to wait 2 years for the RHD version to even start production so a few months after start of T6 sales is not that bad! ;)
I am doing some asking around now about when the UK conversion businesses will get T6s to work on and have ready...could be interesting at NEC this Autumn showcasing 2016 models - will anyone have a T6 Camper to show?
PS well put Granny Jen....

when the Cali came out in the UK we had to wait 2 years for the RHD version to even start production so a few months after start of T6 sales is not that bad! ;)
I am doing some asking around now about when the UK conversion businesses will get T6s to work on and have ready...could be interesting at NEC this Autumn showcasing 2016 models - will anyone have a T6 Camper to show?
PS well put Granny Jen....
You have seen it and talked to the VW bods, so wot's the roof made of!

the aluminium roof is essentially the same....if you check out the current copy of VW Bus 4/5+ you will find a fairly full overview of nature of problem and how it has been addressed and what the "repairs" to "corrosion" issues actually consist of in the workshop. It's too long to go into here .... but from my point of view (FWIW) the issue has been resolved and should not re-occur with T6 Calis (VW are not about to let their flagship have any more bad PR and its been mega costly for them to rectify all those of us who had / have it ...) but only time will tell I guess.

I went to my local VW Dealership yesterday and they are running out of T5 California demos to sell. So like me they are eagerly awaiting VW Germany to produce the T6 Cali orderbook
ready for the UK market. I want to buy a Beach with certain options and from my local Dealership. So i await the T6, hopefully before 2017!

I'm just grateful and glad I have one with the glorious weekend coming up:D:talktothehand

the aluminium roof is essentially the same....if you check out the current copy of VW Bus 4/5+ you will find a fairly full overview of nature of problem and how it has been addressed and what the "repairs" to "corrosion" issues actually consist of in the workshop. It's too long to go into here .... but from my point of view (FWIW) the issue has been resolved and should not re-occur with T6 Calis (VW are not about to let their flagship have any more bad PR and its been mega costly for them to rectify all those of us who had / have it ...) but only time will tell I guess.
Was it addressed for the last of the T5's??

Apparently from mid 2014.

"The aluminium roof is essentially the same"
Wow that's worrying!

http://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/roof-corrosion-latest-updates.9000/page-109#post-93826

View attachment 8977

The problem is with the preparation, paint, sealing etc used. Not the fact that the roof is made of Aluminium alloy.

Thank you WelshGas. I agree! I bought my 2014 beach last May and the dealer said " VW have fixed the problem" Mine must have slipped through the net.
I am cautious now about what Vw and their dealers say about T6...... Lost confidence in VW after 40 years.

I'm just grateful and glad I have one with the glorious weekend coming up:D:talktothehand
Me too! That's why when we realised the only option for us was a 180 DSG 4 motion Cali we snapped up the only one available. We are so glad we did :bananadance

Back