Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hassle VW about petrol version for the UK

In Holland also no T6 petrol version ....
Belgium does have it.

Tried that. Wrote a 200 approx character message to get the error message from the form that that maximum message was 4000 characters. Is this another example of the wonders of VW software engineering?

Tried that. Wrote a 200 approx character message to get the error message from the form that that maximum message was 4000 characters. Is this another example of the wonders of VW software engineering?

Now that's funny!

Possibly a daft question here - is there a diesel burning heater in the petrol Cali? Seperate tank & filler nozzle perhaps?
Just curious...

Possibly a daft question here - is there a diesel burning heater in the petrol Cali? Seperate tank & filler nozzle perhaps?
Just curious...

Now thats a good Q ....
There are aux. heaters that works on petrol in boats ect....but don't know in a petrol Cali?

Surely it's a better idea to send vw a message requesting an electric / fuel cell / hydrogen powered Cali rather than a petrol version?

Combustion engines are so 20th century...

Surely it's a better idea to send vw a message requesting an electric / fuel cell / hydrogen powered Cali rather than a petrol version?

Too true and the van base would be a perfect test bed for any such power unit. But given that the T6 is only a tad different to the T5 it could be eons before VW get round to anything like that, so in the meantime...

If they get that option in Germany then yes, carry on.

I have had a telephone call from VW about my request for a petrol version and my query about the coupling box and wi-fi. The caller was very helpful and will ensure my desire for a petrol option is passed on to the marketing team. In respect of the coupling box and wi-fi. Well to be fair it's complicated and he will endeavour to get an email sent to me fully explaining the option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You pleased with it?
Cannot see any reason why no petrol version in the UK :-(0

Thanks. Will keep nudging VW for a petrol option.

Would much rather see a 2.5 V6 5 pot diesel.
That's what is needed for these vehicles. I'm sure Audi still use this engine in their high end diesels. Why cant we have one in a Cali...???

So wonder when available for California. 30mpg for Caravelle probably more like 25mpg real world I would guess. That may be tough if you plan medium to high mileage.

I live in a City and walk or cycle everywhere. Plan is to use the vehicle extensively as about to be free to travel. It would not however be a daily used commute type vehicle so for me it might pay. I like my current diesel Touran but the thought of committing to a diesel Cali as a vehicle for the next 10 years is giving me a headache. If I'd already had one it would not be a problem but making a positive choice when there may be an alternative is hard.

Out of interest why would you want a petrol Cali? You would find it extremely difficult to get anymore than 20mpg ( doubt 20mpg would be achievable) A heavy van like the Cali is suited to the torque available from diesel and most important point is that VW petrol tsi engines do not have a good reputation for reliability, especially related to to oil consumption.

Good question and one to which I don't have a full answer. What I would like is the option as they already have it on the German model. If and when it is available I may after research decide I don't want it for whatever reason, but I will have the choice. I do know that there are issues with diesels that worry me and which have been discussed at length on this board. I would be keen to hear views from anyone with an open mind on the subject. I can then look at all the facts such as reliability, power, economy etc and make a decision. Mike

Diesel/Petrol - electric drive train.

Well my dealer reckons it's a matter of when not if we get a Petrol Option and auto express seem to agree:-
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/volksw...ts-golf-gti-power-while-caddy-goes-petrol-too

So below is VW's description of the TSI engine. Any experience or opinions out there ? For the moment I am disregarding fuel consumption and most interested in the claimed pulling power at low revs (Sounds more diesel like?)
Obviously the true test will be when and if it is given as an option over here and I can test drive one. If all the feedback is negative though might not be worth the wait.

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/technology/petrol/tsi

Back