Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Headlight Bulb Order

S

SHEARER

Guest User
Hi folks can you cancel the order I just placed for headlight bulbs please. didn't realise it was facelift version only, sorry. Please credit to Paypal
Thanks
Paul

Just got mine today......forgive my idiot thinking but can I change them myself...?

Are details of how to do in the handbook...?

Thanks

Very easy. Pop the bonnet and look at the back of the headlight you will see a round rubber cover take this of and you will see a flat piece of plastic if you twist it the bulb comes out in its holder. Remove don't touch the bulbs with your hands use so kitchen roll or something like that
Replace with your new build push back into the holder and twist it helps if you look through the headlight then replace rubber cap :thumb its as easy as that 5 min job

Good description kev I thought I was going to struggle with mine but found it easy
Mine had a battery cover to remove as well but it was only two plastic screws
Much brighter when picking the wife up at night

Thanks for that.....just looked at the handbook which refers to bulbs for both dipped and full beam.....which do I replace...?

Thanks

You change the dipped beam the one on the outside of the headlight

David, I have removed the bulb holder assembly, by twisting and pulling out.
The bulb seems firmly fixed to the holder and looks like one piece. How do you separate them?

rob

If it looks like this you have removed the wrong bulb its the other one

download.jpg

Nice photos. So the lamp pushes into the holder.
rob

Yes it does rob try not to touch the glass part with your hand as the grease from your hand can shorten the life of the bulb I use kitchen roll :thumb

Mission accomplished.
Not too bad, had to borrow a makeup mirror to see what I was doing though.

Thanks for the help.

rob

Back