Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Headlight protectors

josedebarros

josedebarros

Wendy and Jose
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I have an 09 SE and wonder where I can get headlight protectors from. Are they necessary or any good?
Thanks in advance for any help - I appreciate that this has been asked before on the forum but that was over 4 years ago I think.
As an aside can I convert my exterior and interior lights to LED - is it incredibly expensive? Thanks again - sorry to be asking Newbie questions.

I bought vw ones. Both snapped.

I've had mine for over 4 years. No Problems.

Interior LED bulbs for the Camping lights are available except for the Long light over the kitchen. This can be changed to LED if you are handy with a soldering iron.
Apart from the Headlight Bulbs, the reflectors are incorrect for LEDs, all the other bulbs have LED equivalent. However, I'm not sure about your year vehicle, if you have the Bulb Warning System then installing a cheap LED bulb may activate it.

Last edited:
I bought transparent film. Worked great for two years now...

I have an 09 SE and wonder where I can get headlight protectors from. Are they necessary or any good?
Thanks in advance for any help - I appreciate that this has been asked before on the forum but that was over 4 years ago I think.
As an aside can I convert my exterior and interior lights to LED - is it incredibly expensive? Thanks again - sorry to be asking Newbie questions.
Bought VW ones (twice) for two different T6s. Both cracked. The gap between body panel and light was simply too close to fit them.

Headlight isn't glass so pretty tough material, I haven't personally heard of anyone having a headlight broken.
LED ones would be a worry due to high replacement cost.
Off road or dirt track use would make protectors a good option.

They can be problematic when dirt gets between the protector and the headlight.

Back